5 Things I'll Have To Get Used to Once Quarantine Ends

Remember when we thought it was just an extra couple weeks of spring break?

9
Pikist

Oh quarantine, how I wish you were over already (by that I mean I wish COVID was under control not just throwing everything open). Honestly, the changes over quarantine felt novel, but after months and months quarantine life slowly started to seem more normal. I am SO ready for this to be over (who knows when that will be) and I'm excited to go back to school (with appropriate restrictions in place, obviously). Thinking about what life is going to look like back at school, clearly it won't be the same this semester because we need to be safe, but nonetheless, it will still be different from quarantine life- there are some things that I stopped or started doing over quarantine that I'll have to readjust to.

1. Makeup 

Now, I don't have to wear makeup at school and a lot of the time I don't (clinicals, late night studying, the gym, just don't feel the need). However, some days, makeup helps me feel like my most confident self and ready to take on the day. Since I've been a full-time nanny this summer, I simply have not worn makeup except for maybe a handful of times. I'll just have to remember to take it off before bed!

2. Clothes 

Being a full-time nanny, I'm literally in athletic shorts and T-shirts every day. Do I even remember how to wear buttons!?

3. Actually eating places

It's been grabbing takeout to eat in the backyard, eating at home, or delivery! As things start to open back up and I go back to campus, I gotta read back up on my table manners!

4. Eco Friendly 

The eco friendly and environmental push was picking up more steam. I had been doing small things like using reusable cups instead of plastic when I can, however, because of COVID we've all been using single-use plastic to keep everything sanitary. I hope that when everything is back normal, or as normal as it can be, people still remember to make the small environmental changes.

5. Lines 

Take-out and delivery, ordering ahead, store pickup... all usually quick-ish. We're all gonna have to get used to waiting in line again while people are so happy to be out an about that they take their sweet time browsing or chatting after a meal.