5 Things God Has Shared With Me By Listening To Others

1. It doesn't cost you anything to love someone.

174
Unsplash

After looking through notes I wrote during church services and small group meetings, I decided to compile some uplifting, powerful, and relevant messages that stood out to me.

I think sometimes we get so caught up in our everyday tasks that we forget to show love to people around. It's not hard and can make a huge difference in someone's life.

2. Have love for yourself so you show love to others.

I believe it is a lot easier to be kind to others when you are kind to yourself. This was discussed in a small group in the book of Romans and it really resonated with me and reminded me of the verse Matthew 7:17- "Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. "

3. Jesus does not do things in ordinary ways.

I think this is important to remember when I am praying and asking God for something I want to happen. I have to remind myself it is in his hands and things will not always go the way I expect.

4. You, in Christ alone, are destined for GREATNESS.

It's easy to get down on yourself after a long week or just a bad day but this was a perfect reminder. We all have a purpose and that purpose is GREAT.

5. You will not fulfill the purpose of your life alone.

This was a reminder that there are people along the way that God has put in place to help me in so many different ways and it's okay to lean on people for support sometimes.

Listen to the Lord and to your Christian leaders; you may find your own powerful messages.