My Anti-Bucket List

My Anti-Bucket List

Five things I would never do if my life depended on it.

47
My Anti-Bucket List
Akanshatodankar.com

Everyone has a bucket list. We all dream of doing things that will push us to our limits and make us the best version of ourselves that we can be. However, for each thing that we have on our bucket list, there is also something that we would never even consider doing. No matter how much money we're offered. No matter what the costs. It's just something that is too outside of our comfort zone, or something that feels completely unnatural to us. It's okay to feel this way about certain things. We all have our limits. So in honor of the things that we would never do, I've complied a small "anti-bucket list" of things that I am too afraid to do, so you know that you're not alone. So here are the five things that I would never do in my lifetime.

1. Skydiving

Though this is something that a lot of people have on their bucket list, I personally have no desire to ever try it. My fear of heights outweighs the desire to jump out of a plane. It's supposed to be exhilarating, but even watching videos of it is enough to make me uneasy. So I'll pass.

2. Rock or Mountain Climbing

Another one of those adventurous things that a lot of people enjoy doing. I personally have gotten freaked out just rock climbing in a gym. The height and angles of some of those walls are enough to make me freeze and not be able to move any further. While it looks like fun, and maybe not as challenging from a distance, the second I step off the floor and make it a few feet up, I suddenly get an overwhelming sense of uncertainty that I can't get past.

3. Cliff Diving

I also would never be interested in cliff diving. If you haven't noticed by now, the running theme of my anti-bucket list has to do with heights. I am not a fan of heights, and never really have been. Since this is the case, I would also never be interested in cliff diving. Even though it seems like fun to jump into the crystal clear blue waters of some distant tropical island, I would rather just look at the view, then partake in the activity. But that's just me.

4. Bungee Jumping

Continuing with the height theme, bungee jumping is another item on my list that I would never do. No matter how many people have done it, and how many regulations there are behind it, for me, there's no way in knowing just when that bungee cord can snap, or fall loose from it's grip on the bridge. No thank you.

5. Shark Cage Diving

Finally, last but not least on my list is shark cage diving. Now here, I don't think I'm completely by myself on this one. My best friend wanted to go shark cage diving once, and thank goodness we never actually got around to it. I don't know if I could have actually gone through with it. It's one of those things where I just don't quite trust the strength and durability of the cage against a giant Great White Shark, no matter how silly that may sound.

While many of us have a bucket list of things that we want to do and accomplish in our lives, we also all have things that we hope to never have to do as well. Whether it be something as normal as never wanting to have to make a speech in front of thousands of people, or something more risky like bungee jumping, there are all things that push us too far outside of our comfort zone, and this is something that we should acknowledge and embrace, because we all have our limits. It's just a matter of not letting them define who we are.