5 TED Talks To Watch While Procrastinating

We all procrastinate, so why not waste time while learning something new.
263

Look, I get it! We all procrastinate, so why not waste time while learning something new. Here are 5 TED Talks to watch while wasting time:

1. Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator by Tim Urban

https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_urban_inside_the_min...

This 14-minute comedic TED Talk takes us behind the scenes inside our brain as we procrastinate. It is great way to learn about how you’re wasting time AS you are wasting time. You should definitely go for it if you’re looking for something lighthearted and informative.

2. This is What Happens When You Reply to Spam Email by Jams Veitch

https://www.ted.com/talks/james_veitch_this_is_wha...

This is a short 9-minute TED Talk that describes the hilarious experience of one man as he exchanged emails back and forth with someone who sent him a spam email. It might not be the most informative one, but it gives you the sheer pleasure of finding out what happens when you reply to that Nigerian Prince who promises to make you rich.

3. If I Should Have A Daughter by Sarah Kay

https://www.ted.com/talks/sarah_kay_if_i_should_ha...

Moving onto something a bit more serious in nature, in this 18-minute TED Talk, Sarah Kay demonstrates the power of spoken word. It is a good reminder how impactful our words are and how we can utilize them to use them to our benefit.

4. How Great Leaders Inspire Action by Simon Sinek

https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action

This is one of my absolute favorites! It is a transformative 18-minute TED Talk that guides us in finding our purpose or as Sinek puts it, our “Why” behind everything. This should be a go to when you’re procrastinating on an essay and having an existential crisis. It’s extremely motivating and provides the wisdom necessary to hopefully get you to start working again.

5. Islamophobia killed my brother. Let's end the hate. by Suzanne Barakat

https://www.ted.com/talks/suzanne_barakat_islamophobia_killed_my_brother_let_s_end_the_hate?language=en

In this TED Talk, Barakat shares the emotional testimony of a hate crime that took her loved ones away. Deah Barakat, his newly-wed wife, Yusor, and her sister, Razan, were brutally murdered by a man who harbored deep hatred of Islam. Her talk reminds us how innocent people with bright futures lose their lives over bigotry.