5 Taylor Swift "reputation" Lyrics Every Millennial Girl NEEDS To Hear, Fan Or Not

"They're burning all the witches even if you aren't one."
21053

Whether you like Taylor Swift or not, there is no denying that her music makes a statement.

I have followed Taylor from her debut album all the way through reputation, and I must say that while I am always down for jamming to “Fearless”, "reputation" has stolen my heart and her lyrical genius has shown again.

Here are 5 lyrics from “reputation” that every girl needs to hear:

1. “I recall late November holding my breath, slowly I said, ‘you don’t need to save me, but would you run away with me?’” -Call It What You Want

This might be my favorite just because you can see how much Taylor has grown. From “Fearless” when she literally asks Romeo to save her, (Love Story), to now, she has realized she doesn’t need a guy to save her. She just needs him to run away WITH her, while she saves herself. She has grown as a woman and artist, and this is a good example for all of us. We may have related to “Love Story” hardcore, but now we can move onto the “Call It What You Want” mood- we’re badass women who can take care of ourselves, all we need is that boy to walk alongside us as equals.

2. “Please don’t ever become a stranger, whose laugh I could recognize anywhere” -New Year’s Day

Without a doubt I can say that every girl had someone in mind hearing this line. We all have that one person who will always have a piece of our hearts, and no matter how long we go without seeing them, the sound of their laugh will always be the most beautiful sound to us. The thought of this person becoming a stranger is enough to send us into full-blown panic. Taylor knew what she was doing when she wrote this line, it makes us all the more thankful for that one person. If you haven’t already, listen to this song and go tell that person you love them (throw in a joke just to hear that laugh too).

3. “My castle crumbled overnight, I brought a knife to a gunfight, they took the crown but it’s all right” -Call It What You Want

We all know this feeling, when the world seems like it’s against us. No matter what we do, we feel like it’s wrong and our world is crashing down around us. But, no matter how bad things might seem, it is really OK. Other people do not matter, it’s as simple as that. The people who are waiting for us to fall, to take our crown from us, they do not matter one bit. It’s all about the people who are there waiting to pick you back up. So, no matter how unprepared you might feel, and no matter how hard things may be, it’s completely okay.

4. “Don’t blame me, love made me crazy. If it doesn’t you [aren’t] doing it right” -Don’t Blame Me

My favorite song from this album, which might tell you a little bit too much about me. Love can be so consuming, but honestly, it’s okay. If you don’t feel head over heels in love for the man you are with, it isn’t right. You should never settle for anything less than real, deep, love. That to me seems so self explanatory- call me crazy if you want, but I’m not going to apologize for relating to this completely.

5. “They’re burning all the witches even if you aren’t one, so light me up” -I Did Something Bad

In all honesty, people can be the absolute worst. For some reason, other people will always feel like they have a say in your life, as if it’s their right to critique or judge you. I’ve gotten to the point where I’ve realized people will insert themselves that have nothing to do with them, and you just have to roll with it. Regardless of what people say or how badly they judge you, keep moving forward and take it in stride. You’re above them, anyways.

Overall, “reputation” has proven to be T Swift’s most controversial album yet and I’m all for it. If I could quote every line from her new album, I would, but these 5 seemed the most important to me and I think every girl could use those as life mottos.