Add Some of These Items To Your Life

Add Some of These Items To Your Life

Have you ever had those products that you start using based on a suggestion or because you're desperate, and you end up loving them so much they become staples in your life?

27
Add Some of These Items To Your Life
Taken by Me

I have picked my top 5 items that I am going to share with you. I will be explaining why I use them and what results I have seen so far as well links where you can buy them.

1. Tweezerman Slant Tweezer - $23 at Ulta or Sephora

I don't want to spend $7 every 2 weeks to get my eyebrows done so my cousin showed me how to tweeze them myself, but we had a couple problems. For one, I wasn't that good yet. Second, the tweezers were too dull and never gave me precision. My sophomore year of college, I had heard about the Tweezerman brand, but when I looked up the price, I cringed a little. A year later, I reasoned with myself, coming to the conclusion that the $23 price point for something I will use for years to come isn't actually that bad. I bought it and have not looked back since. My brows look better these days, the tweezer is still as sharp as the first day I used it, and I have been saving $14 a month because of it.

If you're like me and you do your own eyebrows, or you want to learn so you can save money, I really recommend the Tweezerman tweezers. For better measure, get the scissors and brush as well.

2. Body Fantasies Signature Romance & Dreams Body Spray - $5.98 at Walmart

I pride myself of my personal hygiene and I thing it is safe to say that I am known for my scent. I have had strangers pull me aside to ask what scent I was wearing. The best part is that I don't even have a strong scent. It's very subtle because I can't even smell it after the initial spray. I wasn't allowed to wear perfume in middle school, but I wanted to smell nice so I went to Walmart to see if I could find anything I liked. I was instantly hooked on this body spray. I haven't stopped using it till this day. I have added a perfume on top of it, but the spray is still my go-to. I remember running out of it and going to restock, but I couldn't find it at my local Walmart. I almost died that very day, but we thank God for being my provider.

3. Derma E Acne Deep Pore Cleansing Wash - currently on sale for $10.85 at Ulta

I have sensitive, acne prone skin that is normal to combination (oily). I decided to fine tune my skincare routine this summer and save money. I was under a lot of stress so my face was horrendous. I walked in to Ulta to find a cleanser that would really clean my pores while not being too harsh. The catch was I wanted it to be high end quality at semi-drugstore price (lol, can you imagine the audacity I had). I was about to give up for the day when I spotted the Derma E section. I walked over and saw this particular cleanser. It caught my eyes because it had 2% sylicalic acid while also claiming to be non-irritating. I decided to try it for at least 2 weeks and see what happens (shoutout to Ulta's generous return policy). It can also be found at Walmart, Amazon, Target, and more. I wasn't using any other active ingredients on my face and my skin cleared up so well, especially my cheeks where the acne decided to colonize this time around. I would highly recommend for someone who fits my skin type.

4. Curls Blueberry Mint Tea Scalp Treatment - $11.99 at Target

I've worn my hair in a low cut for the past 5 years so when I decided to grow why hair out in April, my goal was making sure that it's healthy, soft, and moisturized. One of the products I happened to stumble upon is this scalp oil. I love the cooling sensation it has after application. I love that it really does help with itchiness and dandruff. If used consistently, it can definitely help with growth as well. I know the price might seem high, but a little goes a long way and I am still using the same bottle I got in April. I estimate that I have about another month/month and a half before I will open the new one I recently purchased. I highly recommend, especially if you're like me, scalp gets itchier as hair grows longer.

5. Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation - $35 at Sephora

I can usually count on one hand how many times I beat my face in one year. That being said, when I do wear makeup, I like it to look amazing. Two years ago, I transitioned from drugstore makeup to mid high-end makeup. My first one was Clinique Stay Matte Oil-Free Makeup in shade 24 which I still have and love today, but it was a little too matte for my taste making me more oily throughout the day. But when Rihanna came out with the soft matte foundation, I had to try it. I waited or some time after it's launch to make sure I am not just purchasing it as part of the hype. From the first day I used it, I was convinced it was magic. I have a perfect shade match in it and it really doesn't move throughout the day. I am also not as oily.

My shade is 420 which is describes as "tan to deep skin with warm undertones". I find the description to be a little inaccurate because I have a neutral undertone.

Do we share some of the staple items?

Will you be purchasing any of the products I recommended? Let me know!