5 Spooky Disneyland Stories

5 Spooky Disneyland Stories

What You Should Know Before You Book Your Next Trip

204
5 Spooky Disneyland Stories
Free Images

Disneyland is the true vacation destination. Kids are able to fulfill their dreams and meet their favorite Disney characters, and adults (who are children at heart) are able to have just as much fun in the park as the little ones do.

Before you or someone in your family decides to book some tickets to the park, however, you might want to read about these five spooky legends that haunt the park.

1. Walt Disney Still Resides in His Firehouse Apartment

The light that shines in the window of the late Walt Disney's firehouse apartment supposedly never gets turned off. Park officials say that they have kept the light on in honor of Walt Disney ever since his death. However, there is more to this story.

Shortly after Disney died, a female employee was cleaning up the firehouse apartment and she turned out the light before she left. Right as she was about to leave, the light turned back on. Thinking that perhaps she just forgot to turn it off, the woman turned the light off again and tried to leave. Just as before, though, the light turned back on. The woman turned the light off once more and this time she watched it to make sure it stayed off. It didn't. She was terrified when she saw the light turn on on its own and the lamp has stayed on as a tribute to Walt Disney ever since.

Not only does the light stay on, but many park employees and guests have claimed that they have seen the curtains in the empty apartment move on their own.

2. Someone Committed Suicide in the "It's A Small World" Attraction

Back in 1999, It's A Small World was evacuated for reasons unknown to the guests. Employees made sure to tell people to "keep looking forward." Sounds like a strange instruction right? As her family was walking out, a mother snapped some last minute pictures to finish off the roll on her disposable camera. When the photos were developed later on, she was horrified to see that on the last photo there was a body hanging from the ceiling of the It's A Small World attraction.

(This is a link to the mother's photo. Just as a head's up, if this photo is real look with caution as it might be quite disturbing to some viewers. Picture here.)

Perhaps this unfortunate event is why park employees claim that the dolls move, sing, switch places, and go missing even after the ride has been turned off for the night.

3. The White Lady of Main Street

Many guests and employees claim to see a woman wearing a white 19th century gown walking along Main Street at night. The lady died on the ground where Main Street is before Disney even came up with the idea to build a theme park. Now the woman walks through the park at night helping lost children get to the Disneyland Baby Care Center where they are reunited with their families.

4. Mr. One-Way

Back in the 1970s, a man supposedly stood up in the middle of the ride and he was decapitated from doing so. Now he continues to ride on the coaster that his spirit never got to get off. Known as Mr. One-Way, the ghost is often seen getting on the ride and sitting next to single passengers, only for him to disappear before the ride comes to an end.

5. The Truly Haunted, Haunted Mansion

The Haunted Mansion ride is supposedly one of the most haunted buildings in the park. Despite there being park rules against it, this attraction is a popular place for people to dump the ashes of their loved ones. The two ghosts that are seen the most are simply known as "the happy boy" and "the crying boy". The happy boy has been known to mock the "hurry back!" comment from the end of the ride after employees have shut the ride down for the night. Not only that, but guests have claimed to hear him giggle throughout the ride during the day.

The crying boy seems to always be spotted at the ride's exit. Many people have reportedly gone up to him but he ignores them and then just disappears.

These same two ghost apparently haunt The Pirates of the Caribbean ride as well.