5 Songs To Help You Get Through Life

5 Songs To Help You Get Through Life

Through music God has the power to speak truth into our lives.
53

Music has always been one constant in my life, and I'm sure that it is the same for a lot of you reading this. There is no comparison, to the way the lyrics hit us and when the melody moves us. Something about just listening is so comforting. So, especially during the hard times music is my go to therapy. The other aspect of music that I love is that it is shareable. So, below is a list of my top five favorite songs about encouragement, love, and faith. I encourage you to give them a listen, find and create your own track of encouraging songs, and then share them with others.

Through music God can speak truth and reminders into our hearts and souls. We just need to be willing to listen well. I promise, you've got this whatever it may be. Happy listening!

1. Hope In Front of Me | Danny Gokey

This has got to be my go to song. Whenever I feel the stress and anxieties of life come upon me I let these song lyrics wash over me. The main message of this song is hope, and that is something that I need a lot of when I am going through different trials in my life, big or small. God is always there in the midst of it all holding us even when we don't believe it.

Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5GFiDdGGGM

2. Thy Will | Hillary Scott & The Scott Family

"Thy Will" is a beautiful song about control or rather the lack there of on our parts. Bad things in life happen all of the time, and we are sometimes left thinking "Hey God what are you doing up there?" However, it is so important to trust Him and give up control. Nothing we could ever do will be better than His plans for us. This song is a great and gentle reminder of that.

Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4WC_YZAuw

3. How Can It Be | Lauren Daigle

What is freedom? It's something that feels so far away and never close to obtaining. However, as Christians and children of God we know this not to be true. Yes we are guilty sinners, but that doesn't mean we have to let that hold us down. Through Jesus' sacrifice our debts have been paid and we have been set free. All we need to do is run to Him. If you are struggling with past sins or current ones I encourage you to give this song a listen.

Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt5X91ciE6Y

4. Never Gone | Colton Dixon

Once again, this is a song about God's continues presence in our lives, especially during the darkest of times. If you watch the music video it tells you a simple, but beautiful modern narration of the prodigal son. For those of you who struggle to see God's presence in your life I hope that you give this song a listen, and let the truths of these lyrics fill you heart.

Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RAUcczfMYE

5. Build My Life | Housefires

This slow and moving song leads us into asking God to reveal himself more to us, and to see the way he sees things. A lot of times, when we are struggling, we only want to see things from one perspective, our own. Which is not the only and best option. When we struggle, God hurts just as much as we do, because He is going through it all with us. Allow yourself to be open to new perspectives, and ask for Him to reveal himself more to you each day.

Listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMjO9mL0Tw