5 Simple Ways To Make Waking Up Easier

5 Simple Ways To Make Waking Up Easier

Learning to enjoy waking up in the morning will help you start your day on a better foot.

17
Woman stretching

Here are 5 habits that you can adopt to boost your motivation and help you wake up in the morning:

1. Change your alarm.

Unsplash

When you first hear your alarm in the morning, it can be one of the most dreadful things. However, we can make it a more positive experience by changing our mindset and changing our alarm. Instead of labeling it as "ALARM" in the morning, we can change it to say something more uplifting, such as, "Good morning beautiful." This will boost our self-esteem right away and help you start off the day with a positive mood. If you are a light sleeper like me, try to wake up to a more calming alarm instead of something that is like a siren going off. It will make you feel more at peace and less aggravated if you hear a song or sound that you enjoy.

2. Get up immediately.

Unsplash

After you hear your alarm go off, DO NOT HIT SNOOZE. It can be tempting to want to snooze our alarm in the morning, but if we do, it will make us not want to get up and start our day. The point is to change our mindset so that we are excited to start the day and conquer the world. Try to get out of bed the first time you hear your alarm. It will be difficult at first, but it will soon develop into a habit.

3. Drink a glass of water.

Unsplash

After a long night's rest, your body is dehydrated and needs to be replenished. I find that one of the best ways to wake myself up in the morning is drinking a cold glass of water as soon as I wake up. Drinking water in the morning kickstarts our metabolism and gives our stomach and intestines a little wake-up call to start doing their jobs. To add a little spice to your water, you can add lemon juice or slices that will boost your metabolism even more!

4. Make your bed.

Unsplash

There is a book written by a former Navy Seal who talks about why making your bed every single morning is important. Basically, he states, "When you make your bed in the morning, you accomplish one thing. That one accomplishment will then motivate you to take on more tasks and be more productive." Making your bed right when you wake up also forces you to not get back into bed throughout the day because you don't want to mess up how it looks. If your bed is unmade and you are in your room, you're more likely to get back into it than if it's closed off and presentable.

5. Go to bed early.

Unsplash

If you want to wake up in the morning, you need to make sure that you are resting every night for the time that your body requires. Everyone is different, but you will not want to wake up if you have only gotten three hours of sleep. Part of being productive and healthy is listening to your body and giving it the break it deserves after a long day. If you get the appropriate amount of sleep that your body needs, you won't need to snooze your alarm in the morning!