5 Signs You Live With Your Best Friend

5 Signs You Live With Your Best Friend

And long lost sister

1
5 Signs You Live With Your Best Friend

September marks the beginning of my second year living with my best friend and partner in crime. Together we took freshman year by storm and a stranger became my closest confidante, best hugger, and most understanding companion. This year I expect nothing less than perfection from a friend who has given me so much.

Once in a while we disagree like sisters, but we always make up like lifelong friends. Unlike anybody else in my life I had to live with her long before I chose to be her friend. So although we did not pick each other at first, it turns out we were the perfect match.

Here are five reasons why...

1. She knows your nap schedule.

It takes a special person to understand your constant need for sleep. Your best friend will not just laugh and leave you to rest, she will hop on her bed and say, "oh good, I was getting tired". Two hours later you'll be ready to take on the world.

2. She knows how to comfort you before you even ask.

When you walk in the room and something's not quite right she doesn't even ask. She pats the spot next to her and brings out the Netflix and Nutella and a big blanket where we can hide from problems and responsibilities.

3. She is the significant other you never had.

Boys are temporary, friendship is forever (as are hugs, rants, and motivating speeches on moving on).

4. What's hers is mine, and what's mine is hers.

At all times, you essentially have two closets at your disposal. If you run out shampoo or lotion or tampons you never have to go far to find what you need, and neither does she.

5. If you do something stupid she'll bail you out.

Whether it's day or night, sober or not we have each other's back. And if I can't save you, that's only because I'm right there beside you.