5 Reasons You Should Start Writing

5 Reasons You Should Start Writing

No, not just for your 10-page history paper.

13
5 Reasons You Should Start Writing
Tumblr

When most people hear the word "writing," they probably cringe and think of that 10-page report they had to do the previous semester. But contrary to academic purposes, writing is a creative way to collect your thoughts, address certain topics, and it can help you become a more rounded person as a whole. Here are five reasons why you should start writing today!

1. Writing helps clear your head and gets your brain moving.

Whether you're writing about a current event or scrabbling down some ideas you had for a dystopian novel, writing helps wrap your head around things and gets your brain processing. What I'm trying to say is- it's good for you.

2. You're able to express your thoughts on paper.

If you're anything like me, it's hard to formulate thoughts while speaking and they become jumbled. Writing down your thoughts gives you better clarity and you're able to express what exactly is going through your head without the jumble.

3. It's a creative escape.

That's the great thing about writing, you can write about practically anything. There's nobody and nothing stopping you from writing what you want to write about. It's completely your own.

4. It can even help improve your handwriting.

Given you're using a sheet of paper, writing can help you practice your handwriting and make it more legible for future professor purposes. Trust me, I'm not making this one up.

5. Plus, writing for fun can even help improve your grades.

The more you write, the more understanding you have with it. Not only with creative writing, but with writing for my classes. My grades have improved since I've started writing, only because I have a better understanding of English and writing as a whole. I promise professors notice that kind of thing.