5 Reasons You Should Drink Coffee

5 Reasons You Should Drink Coffee

*Insert coffee to begin.*

22
5 Reasons You Should Drink Coffee

As an avid coffee drinker, I'm obviously going to be biased with my opinion about why you should drink coffee, but just hear me out.

Besides being a magical drink that makes you happy and gives you life, there are many benefits to drinking this delectable beverage.

1.Energy!

Coffee contains a stimulant, as we all might already know (and love), caffeine! When you drink coffee, the caffeine is absorbed into the bloodstream, which is then carried to the brain.

In the brain, the caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. This causes other neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine to increase, making you happy and ready to take on the day!

2. Burns fat.

Since caffeine is one of the very few substances that has been proven to help with burning fat, coffee is the perfect way to get it.

Studies show that caffeine can boost you metabolic rate by three to 11 percent!

3. Protective effects for your liver.

Some of us partake in activities that might not be so liver friendly sometimes, but that's where coffee can come in and save the day!

As it turns out, coffee may be able to protect against cirrhosis, which is when the liver is replaced largely by scar tissue. Would you rather risk getting cirrhosis or learn to love coffee? I think we all know the answer to that question.

People who drink four or more cups per day have up to an 80 percent lower risk. (Just be careful about the caffeine intake, thank goodness for decaf!)

4. Helps fight depression and makes you happier.

About 4.1 percent of people in the U.S. currently meet the criteria for depression. A study at Harvard in 2011 shows that women who drank four or more cups of coffee per day had a 20 percent lower risk of becoming depressed.

I know personally I'm so much happier and less irritable after I've had a cup of coffee. I need one of those mugs that says, "Don't Talk To Me Until This Is Empty."

5. It helps you live longer!

Since coffee has all of these great benefits like preventing diseases and making you happy, it's no wonder that it helps prolong your life!

In two large studies, drinking coffee showed a 20 percent lower risk of death in men and a 26 percent lower risk of death women.

As you can see, it's clear that coffee is a fantastic choice when it comes to choosing a hot beverage.

So have a coffee date with your best friend, mom, or significant other and enjoy a nice hot cup of happiness!

(https://authoritynutrition.com/top-13-evidence-bas...)