5 Reasons New York Jets Fans Won't See A Loss This Week

We finally have something to play for

31

The New York Jets are poised for a chance to make the playoffs this year, a fate many people wouldn't have predicted at the beginning of this NFL season. Usually one of the biggest laughing stocks in the NFL, this Jets squad is no joke this year.

Their offense is ranked 8th in total offense and ranked 6th in total defense. When Rex Ryan was fired as head coach at the end of last season no one saw this big of a turn around coming in such a short time.

The new head coach, Todd Bowles has put together an overall cohesive unit, that is playing some of the best football in the NFL. While there were some speed bumps on the road to where they currently are, Mr. Bowles has made many Jets fans a lot less frustrated this season, including myself.

New York Jets fans have suffered long enough. From the infamous butt fumble of 2012, to Rex Ryan acting like a sideshow clown at press conferences, all the way to Geno Smith getting his jaw broken by a teammate this summer, Jets fans have gone through enough growing pains to reach this moment.

With that being said here's 5 reasons why New York Jets will win this week and why the fans need a win this week and keep the positive momentum going.

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick is on fire

Who would've thought the veteran journeyman would be affectionately known as Fitzmagic this season. The Amish rifle is running a 10th overall scoring offense with 3,724 yards passing to his name so far. The Harvard graduate is poised for a career year and has no intentions of slowing down by losing to Bills this week.

2. Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker are a dynamic duo

This duo has been on fire all season long, with last weeks game against the Patriots marking the 8th game they have both scored a touchdown, the most teammates have done in NFL history. With Brandon Marshall scoring a career high 13 touchdowns and Eric Decker 11, this tandem is unstoppable. It doesn't hurt the Jets are playing the Bills 23rd ranked pass defense this Sunday either.

3. Bilal Powell is a secret weapon

While Powell isn't the starting running back he is a speedy change of pace running back who gives the team a spark on offense when needed. Last week, he was a major piece of the offense and got the ball moving when our starting running back was unable to. While its good to see Chris Ivory healthy for the game, seeing Powell as questionable on the injury report is something to worry about for this week.

4. The Jets defense is 1st in rush defense

The Buffalo Bills are ranked 1st overall in rushing offense this year while the Jets defense are ranked 1st overall in stopping the run. Last time these two teams met the Bills ran all over the Jets with 148 rushing yards, luckily their starting running back is out for the game. This should be a fair match up and a true test for the Jets defense with the backup running backs in Buffalo looking explosive in recent games.

5. Jets fans would love to see Rex Ryan lose

If you don't know, Rex Ryan was the former coach of the New York Jets. He was quite the comedian, but also always making promises our team couldn't cash at the time. After countless years of making Jets fans miserable we're happy to see he moved on... but would love to see him lose one more time. Jets fans around the world will rejoice if Ryan has a melt down during this game. I'm hoping for a lot of tears, so I'll be watching this game with the popcorn ready to watch the show.