5 Reasons You Should Consider Going Greek

It will change your life.

1
krisandco.com

The day I joined a sorority, my life changed for the better. Before my first semester of college even started, I went from barely knowing anybody on campus to suddenly having a ton of new sisters who seemed so excited to meet me. I knew right then that I was where I was supposed to be, and my college experience has been absolutely amazing because of it. Here are some ways that going Greek makes college better for students.

1. It will help you keep your grades up

Greek organizations have specific GPA requirements that all members must meet in order to remain active, as well as a set number of mandatory study hours per week. For those of us who don't have scholarships, this is a really good incentive to study and pay attention in class. You're also guaranteed to find at least one other person in your sorority who has the same major as you, which gives you someone to study with and help you with tough classes.

2. You will always have something to do

Between C.O.B.'s, sisterhood events, and mixers, there's always something fun going on. If you don't have anything you absolutely have to do, I highly recommend going to whatever event is taking place. Getting involved in your organization is the best way to get the most out of your experience.

3. There is always someone to hang out with

Whether you decide to dress cute and go out or order take out and stay in, you'll have so many sisters that at least one of them is bound to be up for whatever you're doing.

4. It will help you get to know people around campus

Going Greek really forces you to come out of your shell. By participating in events such as Homecoming and Greek Week, which requires sororities and fraternities to pair up, you'll get to know people from other organizations as well as your own.

5. It will help you give back to the community

Each sorority and fraternity supports and raises money for a specific philanthropic organization. By participating in philanthropy events and completing philanthropy hours, you're helping a wonderful cause.