5 Reasons Why You Should Care About The Environment

"The power is yours!" - Captain Planet
5375

The environment around us is an essential part of human survival. I like to believe that people who do not care about the environment, simply do not understand how important it to all of us and that it does not affect them directly, These are my reasons you should be concerned about the environment.

1. To keep the Earth beautiful.

Living in Western North Carolina you can see all the tourists that are attracted to this region. We have some of the most beautiful mountain views that attract people from all over the world. Because of pollution, deforestation, etc. These landscapes can change rapidly into not so pretty pictures.

2. The climate is changing whether you like it or not.

In case you have not noticed the weather has been strangely warm this winter. This is a huge problem concerning crops. Plants and trees that are supposed to flush in the spring are flushing now. This can be detrimental to the survival percentage of crops this year.

3. It affects humans as well as wildlife.

Pollution in the environment can have a direct effect on human health. For example, 50% of groundwater is used for human consumption. Unfortunately, groundwater is what we call a non-renewable resource that is often contaminated by pesticides. Also, you are not the only living thing on this Earth

4. Resources, resources, resources.

Just like groundwater, there are many resources that are essential to humans. The most popular resources are Soil, Water, Timber, and Wildlife. All of these are important for the environment to stay healthy. We also do not want to run out of these resources. It is important not to over-consume.

5. Respect God's creations.

Personally, when I take a look at the environment around me I think to myself, wow my awesome and almighty God created this. If God created this world for us should we not have respect for God's creation and take responsibility to take care of it instead of destroying it?