5 Reasons Why Millennials Are Obsessed With Pictures

Snaps or it didn’t happen.

334
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com

1. Social Media

At the start of our daily routine, most millennials wake up and then shortly thereafter are flooded with various social media notifications and new updates. We are entranced and addicted to the instant gratification and the communication both technology and social media provide us. Millennials are snapping pictures and videos more than ever, so much that we feel like if we are going out and not taking pictures to be uploaded later, it’s almost like we didn’t even go.

2. Instant Gratification

This phenomenon could easy be explained by the social media takeover that has occurred over the course of our lives. If we are ever in doubt, the internet, news, and social media is just at our fingertips. In fact, millennials are spoiled by this and it has more likely than not impacted our attention span. Long gone are the days of flipping through books or encyclopedias to do research for a school project or walking over to the local newspaper stand to read the daily news.

3. Cool Profile

Having high-quality pictures, clever captions, and the perfect filter are actually really important to us and our ‘image’ to our friends and followers. In trying to keep up with all this, we almost have no other option than to take pictures all the time in search of the perfect shot.

4. Millennial Marketing

Probably unbeknownst to us as a consumer, we are constantly getting advertisements pitched in our direction. Advertisers have flooded us with messages through pop-up ads, TV commercials, phone updates, social media updates, and more often times even multiple platforms (phones, computers, TV’s) at the same time. Due to this, we are very good at deciphering good advertisements from bad ones. It is hard for an advertiser to outsmart millennials when it comes to technology, pictures, and social media and even harder to engage with them without creative and innovative marketing.

5. Sweet Nostalgia

With all these ways to record good times with friends and family, Millennials are nostalgic about their pictures and videos. This is contrary to what some people believe about Millennials, but ask any one of us what we would do if we lost our unsaved camera roll.

Sometimes it’s good to remember that even if you didn’t get a picture, the memories remain and are often more meaningful than even a picture could describe.