5 Reasons Why Being An Aunt Is So Great

5 Reasons Why Being An Aunt Is So Great

Being an aunt is one of my most favorite roles.

27
5 Reasons Why Being An Aunt Is So Great
Hannah Clements

I love kids. I am an aunt to two sweet girls and one precious boy, all of whom I adore. Being an aunt is one of my most favorite roles, and it's so much fun getting to hang out with these kiddos and see them laugh and play. There are many reasons why I love being an aunt, but here's the top five:

1. They are the cutest human beings I have ever seen.

Seriously. Sometimes when I'm having a rough day, or even when I'm not, I stalk my sister-in-laws Instagram to look at pictures of them. And I just can't get over how cute they are. I find myself showing my friends pictures of them at least once a week saying "Look how cute my niece/nephew is!!!" or talking to my mom about how cute they are. I also may die inside a little when someone tells me my niece looks like me. You probably don't want to ask me about them unless you want to have a five-minute conversation on how cute they are and be prepared to see lots of pictures.

2. I love getting to watch them grow and learn.

Watching them grow and their looks change is so bittersweet. I love seeing their cute little personalities form. Seeing them learn is also so fun. I love the look on my two-year-old niece's face when she completes a puzzle by herself or gets her colors right. I love getting to play a role in this and I can't wait to see what they grow up to be like. But, I also want them to stay little forever.

3. They teach me.

Through my two-year-old niece, I've learned to be more patient; for instance, when she refuses to take a nap. I don't have kids yet, but I've learned so much about being a parent one day because of these kids. I know how to change diapers, fix a bottle, and the words to say when my niece needs comfort.

4. You can give them back to their parents at the end of the day.

I wouldn't trade these kids for the world. They are some of my favorite humans, but I am still glad that they go back to their parents at the end of the day. Although I'm learning from them, I am only 19 and don't want to have kids of my own anytime soon. Being an aunt is enough now.

5. There's just something about being an aunt.

My two-year-old niece found a picture of me when I was little that my brother had. She carried it around and asked to hang it on her wall. Let me just tell you, I was flattered. She's quite the sweetheart, and I love when she runs to hug me or says "I love you." The other two are younger and I love getting to love on them as well. Another reason why being an aunt is great is because I love seeing my brother and sister-in-law being such great parents. I look up to them and hope that I will be a parent like them one day. I love being an aunt, and I want to be the best role model that I can be for these sweet kids.