5 Reasons Why I Love America

5 Reasons Why I Love America

The land of the free and the home of the brave.

3262
5 Reasons Why I Love America
Abigail Willingham

With America’s 240th birthday among us, I thought it would be the best time to show why I love this great country that we live in! Now as much as I do love traveling outside of the country, there’s no other country I’d rather live in than the good ole US of A. We’re basically a country founded on religion and freedom. What could be better? There’s DEFINITELY more than five reasons, but these are the main ones on why I (and many others) love this one nation under God.

1. Our freedom

“Freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of press.” These are just three of the many freedoms that America has to offer for it’s citizens! We can practice whatever religion we choose to do so, have every right to speak any opinions that we have, and even express our ideas or opinions in writing. We are also even given the right to own personal weapons if we choose to do so. Who wouldn’t want to live in a country with these kinds of freedoms?

2. The diversity of cultures

America’s culture is known as a giant mixing pot. This is because there are many different cultures represented in this one country alone. The primary culture is Western, but African, Native American, Asian, and Latin American are some that have a large influence in our country. Some of the main things that are influenced are music, arts, cuisine, and even some folklore. This makes living in America never get boring because there’s always some new type of food, legends, or music to try! We have all kinds of interesting people from these cultures as well!

3. The geography

Mountains, lakes, rivers, and plains. All across America or as some like to say “from sea to shining sea,” there are many different types of geography. We have just about everything there is to offer! For mountains, you have the Rocky Mountains, Appalachian Mountains, or even the Ouachita Mountains. There are hundreds of lakes and rivers all over America, but we have an entire Great Lakes region that covers Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. The plains mainly run from the Texas-Mexico border all the way to NYC running across the Gulf and Atlantic shores.

4. We’ve won the most Olympic medals

The Summer or Winter Olympic Games happen every four years in one location where all different countries come together to compete in different events. What does America do? They dominate at that as well of course! USA has a whopping total of 2,400 medals ever since the USA started winning in 1896.

5. Patriotism

The majority of American citizens will say that they’re proud to be an American. Americans just love their country. Period. We’ll state it loud and proud too! That’s one of my favorite things about America. Patriotism is everything here!

Happy 4th of July, y'all! Happy 240th birthday, America! Stay golden.

“History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake.” ~ Ron Swanson