5 Reasons I Watch The Bachelor Even Though It's Trash

I know it's problematic. But I still will keep watching it.

133

I'm a sucker for reality tv. I know it's problematic and I know it's not real. But I still will keep watching it. Out of all the reality shows I watch, The Bachelor is probably my favorite. It's also one of the most produced and ridiculous out of the ones I watch. Even though I know the show is basically trash I will never stop watching it. Yes it reinforces gender roles, shows people in a bad light, contains many lies, and is basically made to watch people fight. But you will always find me Monday night at 8 watching the show. Here's why:

1.The drama is too good

It may be completely produced but who doesn't want to see a guy confess he already has a girlfriend?? Or what about watching death threats being given out?? It is truly a guilty pleasure. Even though it is fake, you can't help but want to watch. Because let's be honest, if you put 20+ people togetehr going after the same person there is going to be tension.

2.It's hilarious

The show is so bad that it's funny. Whether it's watching scenes that are clearly produced or the cast that is over acting, you can't help but to laugh. Plus, some of the characters are just too dumb for their own good.

3.You get addicted

I have now been programmed to watch at 8pm every Monday night. If someone told me I couldn't watch The Bachelor anymore I'm pretty sure I would cry for about three hours straight. The show isn't good, yet I love it. I always want to see what happens, even though it can be quite predicatable.

4.The casting is both awful and amazing

I want to know what goes through these people's head when they audition for The Bachelor. I swear the cast gets crazier every season. There is of course always a villain each season, but I still don't know where they find these people. I'm still trying to figure out which ones are acting and which ones are truly that wierd.

5.I'm a hopeless romantic

Okay, so yes the show is fake and overproduced.... but it's still the best show for the hopeless romantic. Even though the show doesn't have the best success rate, there has been relationships that last. And I guess seeing that keeps me coming back for more.