Run for your sorority exec board

5 srat Reasons to Run for exec in your sorority

What position are you running for?

1204
Instagram

Last November I decided to run for Membership Director of my awesome chapter (LOVE YOU ALPHA KAPPA!) At first, the planning for recruitment seemed daunting, but this has been the greatest experience and I am so grateful for my term. I love all of the ladies on the exec committee and am so grateful to have grown so close to such empowered women. Not only do I feel that I have grown as a person, but I feel like I have worked to better my sisters' experiences and strengthen my chapter as a whole. Here are 5 reasons why you should run for an exec position in your sorority:

1. You get to know all of your sisters

Emma Looby

Regardless of your sorority's size, I am sure at some point you have found it difficult to spend time with all of your sisters and get to know ladies you aren't very close with. Taking on a leadership role allows you to grow even more familiar with all of your sisters through all types of informal and formal events like workshops, philanthropy events, socials, exec meetings and more.

2. You experience working with other leaders

Emma Looby

Leading isn't always easy if members on the exec committee have different visions for their chapter's future. Working with ladies who are empowered leaders allows you to learn better communication and critical thinking skills.

3. You can better your chapter

Emma Looby

Most change is slow, but if there is something in your chapter's bylaws or procedures that you don't agree with, you can discuss it with your sisters and make the changes necessary to grow together. Holding a position on the exec committee is an honor because you serve your chapter.

4. You foster a greater appreciation for all exec positions

Emma Looby

Almost every position is in charge of some type of event or fundraising or committee. A lot of work is put into all of these things and when you learn all of the moving parts of your position, it allows you a greater appreciation for the hard work other sisters are putting into your chapter too.

5. You can better yourself

Emma Looby

Nothing is more humbling than serving your chapter. When you serve on exec, you hold a position that you were elected for-meaning your sisters trust you to put your best forward. All positions require hard work, but you will definitely improve your patience, communication skills, time management skills, and have the best time of your life.