5 Reasons To Read Shane Dawson's Latest Book

Why "It Gets Worse" Is Worth The Read

67
Victoria Piti

This week I've been invested in Shane Dawson’s newest book “It Gets Worse” and it has been a wonderful experience. I've been watching Shane on Youtube for 11 years now and now holding his second book is so surreal for me. I am proud of him and these are just a few reasons to read this New York Times Best-Seller

1.)it's hilarious

Calling anything Shane does hilarious is an understatement. He's hysterical. He can make any sad moment or embarrassing story funny. In his book it's all stories from his life and a lot of them could be sad, but he always puts a funny spin using real life dialogue. Anyone who doesn't even know Shane and his comedy will find him funny. He's hilarious and I actually laugh out loud with every page.

2.) It's genuine

Shane is a real guy who isn't afraid to say his truths. He has battled body dysmorphia and struggled with coming to terms with his sexuality, both which he has openly discussed in both his books. He isn't afraid to be open with his struggles and his feelings, which he’ll often try to put a comedic spin on. He keeps it positive but keeps it real at the same time.

3.)It's a little heartbreaking

Shane's life growing up was not easy as his family didn't have much money and his father left their family when he was young. One chapter is detailing how his mother was convinced that they were going to win the lottery but was heartbroken when they lost. There's heartbreaking moments but they lead way to such great moments in Shane's life. The tears become happy tears when you realize how far he's come as a person.

4.)It appeals to everyone

If you don't know who Shane Dawson is, you don't need to to find this book hilarious and relatable. He is open and honest, which everyone can admire about someone. He knows the right words of advice to give to everyone that anyone can take. I just recommended the book to someone who has no idea who Shane is because it's just so funny. Comedy is a language everyone can understand especially when spoken by someone who made it their job to make someone else laugh.

5.)Puts life into perspective

Shane's book is called “it gets worse” but while he admits it can get bad at times, things will always get better. He's been through so many bad times but they've always made him stronger as a person. He negative events in his life and makes them into a positive, into comedy. He always proves that you can get up after you've fallen down and make a great life for yourself. It may be bad right now but it'll always get better, that's the one lesson Shane always teaches in books and his videos.