5 Reasons To Love The Vampire Diaries

5 Reasons To Love The Vampire Diaries

If I could put Damon Salvatore for all 5 I definitely would

1392
5 Reasons To Love The Vampire Diaries
dailymotion.com

This week, I finally finished all eight seasons of one of my all time favorite TV shows, and as the feelings for how it all ended set in, I decided to share with you 5 reasons why I love this show, and why you should too, and if I could put Damon Salvatore as all 5 reasons, I definitely would.

1. Damon Salvatore

If you have seen this show, you know exactly why Damon Salvatore is the first thing on this list. Snarky, sarcastic vampire with a secret heart of gold for the people he cares for, Damon is easily one of the best things on this show. And come on, those eyes are gorgeous too.

2. Family

The Salvatore brothers, Caroline and her mom, Elena and Jeremy and more, this show has a familial presence throughout the seasons. They may not be all rainbows and butterflies all the time, but what relationship is? And when push comes to shove, these people are always there to support each other. And who doesn't like a Salvatore brother hug anyway?

3. Friendship

This is probably a given, but this show has some of my favorite friendships I've ever seen. You start out with Bonnie, Caroline and Elena being best friends, but as the show progresses and people are being turned into vampires, towns and loved ones are threatened and people are dying, the friendship between the characters is something that holds together, even the unlikely ones like the friendship between Bonnie and Damon.

4. The Paranormal

Yes, you expected there to be vampires for obvious reasons but there is so much more than just the vampires. There's the original vampires, doppelgängers, witches, travelers, the Gemini coven, hybrids, werewolves and so many more aspects that keep you on the edge of your seat through every episode.

And just when you think the next big bad is dead, something else comes up or they aren't actually dead, so there's that too.

5. The Relationships

Whether your favorite is Damon and Elena, Bonnie and Enzo, Stefan and Caroline or any variation of these, the love between them is always lovely to see. Damon always loves Elena and does the right thing when it involves her and will do anything for her and that can be said for a lot of these couples and that is important to see in any TV series.

So if you haven't seen this amazing show yet, what are you waiting for?