5 Reasons to Make Lifeguarding Your Summer Job

5 Reasons To Become A Lifeguard

I have been a lifeguard for the past two years, and this is why you should become one too.

134
5 Reasons To Become A Lifeguard
Unsplash

For the past two years, I have been a lifeguard at my community pool, and it has been the best summer job I have ever had. Not only do you get to tan in the sun all day, but also save lives, make good friends, and much more. Here are 5 reasons that everyone should become a lifeguard either as a summer job or part-time job throughout the year.

Save the Day

Want to help your community and ensure a happy and safe pool environment? Becoming a lifeguard allows you to do so, by saving lives, enforcing rules, and helping others.

Make Lifelong Friends

You will spend a ton of time with your coworkers, and hopefully become really close friends! Nothing beats working together to promote safety and save lives.

Learning New Skills

As a lifeguard, you must learn CPR, First Aid, and how to use an AED, on top of how to save people from harm in the pool. These skills will be very helpful in the future, whether you decide to have children or just having those skills will be very beneficial for you.

Working Out/Burning Calories

Don't have time to go to the gym? Don't worry! Swimming burns around 650 calories per hour, when you're not on stand grab some of your coworkers and go for a swim!

Free Pool Access

Most lifeguards are guaranteed access to their pool they work at, so take advantage and go to the pool on a day you're not working!