5 Reasons Why Plus Size Shopping Sucks

5 Reasons Why Plus Size Shopping Sucks

It's more stressful than relaxing.

100
5 Reasons Why Plus Size Shopping Sucks

I recently went shopping, or shall I say hunting, for a dress. Now don't get me wrong I love shopping, but being plus size sometimes makes this a difficult ordeal. While there are stores and brands aimed specifically at plus size shoppers, there are still some major issues that makes shopping difficult.

1. If you're shopping at a store that sells both standard and plus size clothing, you will most likely have a hard time finding the plus size section as they tend to be smaller and secluded.

2. Plus size sections are so small and don't tend to carry a great variety of styles nor sizes and when you find something you like, the odds are you might not find the size you're looking for.

3. Plus size clothing seems to be constructed for the tall, hourglass shaped, with no belly plus size woman.Yet, I'm short, don't have an hour glass shape, and have a belly. So who is this clothing really being made for me?

4. Oh and lets not forget those that make plus size clothing that look like robes or look like I pulled the curtain off my window and threw it on as my outfit of the day.

5. Shopping for a good outfit is like looking for the needle in the haystack. The pretty outfits exist, but they're just really really hard to find.

Shopping should be fun and relaxing. Yet, as a plus size woman I'm either forced to pay much more for brands especially catered for plus size women or spend enormous amount of times at a normal brand that offers plus sizes. Why is it so difficult to shop for clothes, when so many women wear over a size 14? It's time for brands to start realizing that plus size fashion is important, not only will we get better clothes but brands will profit.