5 Reasons Moving Out Is Much Harder Than You Think

It's more than just a dorm.

69
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/12/636617554681354750-1727877176_IMG_6132.jpg

After spring, stressed college students finish their finals and begin the dreadful process of moving out. I never understood why moving out or helping someone else move out is a not so wanted task until this year.

1. Planning

It's not a one day process, you have to plan months in advance to move out. When is my last day? When do I get my boxes? When are the movers coming? Did I forget something? These are just some of the questions I had to ask myself before I could even THINK about packing.

2. Stress

I just finished my final an hour ago and now I have to pack up all of my belongings??

3. Boxes

Stuff comes out of nowhere. It seems like everywhere I looked there was more to pack. Will the box close? Do I really need to use another box?

4. Goodbyes

Saying goodbye to the people you lived with for 9 months is hard. Saying goodbye to your best friends for an entire summer is even harder.

5. The "Lasts"

You will never live in this building or room again. You will never be this young again. There's a lot of final "lasts" that happen. From the last sleep to the last shower, moving out is difficult.

Moving out is more than just a physical process, it's also an emotional one. You'll never be in this place in your life again, and that's something to grieve.