5 Reasons Why Us Millennials Wouldn't Survive 5 Minutes Without Google, If Even That

I probably wouldn't have passed 8th grade.
Livia
Livia
374

Its the year 2018. We have Siri to tell us basic math problems, Alexa the dot to play music for us or give a weather recap, and any other "problems" that arise in our everyday lives, we simply just turn to Google. Back in the dinosaur age, before there were cell phones, Google, and crazy technology, people will tell you life was much simpler, well I disagree. I'd like to think life was just plain, boring!

We have become so accustomed to a life with Google, I have compiled a list of 5 reasons why I don't think I would even make it through a day without it — and that is scary and amazing all in itself.

1. We wouldn't know how to go anywhere

A paper map? What is that? Just use Google Maps, I can put in any address and get real-time traffic, how many minutes it will take me to get there, even the mileage is all calculated out. If a paper map was my only option I would struggle to even figure out what direction North was.

2. Homework would be impossible

Personally, I need a YouTube video, Quizlet, and an example problem just to figure out how to do my math homework. I probably would not have made it passed the 8th grade if it wasn't for Google's homework help.

3. Encyclopedia who?

Writing a paper, or inquiring any fact really would involve taking a trip to the library, finding the book needed, flipping to the page, etc. You get it, it would be an incredibly lengthy process just to find out a simple fact that Google can tell you in seconds.

4. Events and activities would be pretty much nonexistent

Have you been to a concert, ran a 5K, enjoyed a dinner special, or gone to a farmers market lately? Technology was most likely the way you found out about the event. It was shared, tweeted, texted, or you searched about it! In other words, we would have no life if it wasn't for Google.

5. We wouldn't know that people are eating Tide Pods

Okay so maybe this isn't the most important news headline... but my point is, news and trends would not be available in the ways they are now, and it would take much longer to get to us. The news could even be outdated or irrelevant if it is not delivered in time, gasp!!