Five Reasons 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Is So Addicting

214

Aside from Kim and her baby announcement taking over the news, we can all admit we've seen at least a minute of an episode to know that this ridiculous show is addicting. Maybe it came down to Kim's butt hypnotizing you into staying for an episode. Regardless, the public feeds off the "irregular" people drama; the type of drama you would probably only see in a Kardashian household.

Let's break down five reasons why you stopped vacuuming to mindlessly watch Kourtney fall into a toilet bowl:

1. The Kardashians will say and do almost anything.

When we were children, there was leeway with our responses to people. Saying something silly was excusable because of our age and inexperience. Despite the Kardashians being grown adults, they're lovable people because it's almost as if they are the six-year-old you have to shush in the grocery store for asking a heavy person if they're pregnant.

2. They stand up for themselves.

No one likes a group of girls who talk about each other instead of confronting. Although constant conflicts can get repetitive and frustrating, not being afraid to speak your mind definitely adds spice to a reality television show. When Kourtney wouldn't wear deodorant because she thought it would tamper with her breast milk, her husband promptly noted, "A little dab of deodorant would go a long way with her." We all love to watch a good argument!

3. We're constantly notified of their existence.

This may seem like an instance where the Kardashians are frustrating, but if you've had full-blown conversations about what Khloe was wearing in an Instagram post, that qualifies as interested. It can be soothing to escape the real world momentarily to see celebrities tweet about their breakfast or what they did to be in the news. The Kardashians are addicting because we simply can't escape their existence!

4. Their exaggerated reactions.

Who doesn't love a good Kim crying face? We've used it as an icon for Monday morning exams and other silly instances because Kim probably cries more times than anyone on the show – and that's a lot. Just as it was said above, they are almost inhuman when it comes to "problems" they face because it seems so miniscule compared to the other happenings around the world. Although some scoff at the thought of someone crying over their husband cleaning their closet out, it's humorous to even fathom that being something to cry about. Maybe Kanye should just ask next time.

5. There is always something new happening.

As much as the public likes to think that the Kardashians are shallow and fake, they are always on the go and doing something to either better themselves, or their relationships. From Bruce making the transformation to Caitlyn, to the family doing community service on vacations, they are just as involved in the world as anyone else is. I'm not saying they're stellar contributors, but they do try to affect the masses in whatever way they can. We'd like to think that we turned the channel to E! to watch the Kardashians out of spite, but somewhere inside you, you can connect to the random and spastic transitions the Kardashians endure. It may be to a different degree because fame and money can hold a certain support, but no matter the situation they do enjoy each other as a family, and try their best to accommodate to their fast-paced lifestyle.

Long story short, "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" is just another was for us as the public to not only pick at a family that isn't our own for once, and to follow the crazy shenanigans they get into on a day-to-day basis. We don't hate them necessarily, we hate that we can't stop watching.