5 Reasons Kamala Harris Should Be President
Nature Animals

And why you should vote for her too.

456

So Kamala Harris has caught my attention over the last 6 weeks but if I am honest she caught my attention from the moment she stepped onto the Senate floor. If you don't know Kamala or have never heard of her, here are few facts about her. She is the daughter of Shyamala Gopalan and Donald Harris. Born in Oakland, California. Harris graduated from Howard University, and received a graduate degree in law from University of California, Hastings.

In the 1990s, Harris worked in the San Francisco District Attorney's Office and City Attorney's Office. In 2004, she went on to be elected the District Attorney of San Francisco. Soon after she went on to surprise everyone when she beat the incumbent and was elected California's Attorney General in 2010 and reelected in 2014. On November 8, 2016, she defeated Loretta Sanchez in the 2016 Senate election to succeed outgoing Senator Barbara Boxer, becoming California's third female U.S. Senator and the first of Jamaican or Indian descent. Kamala is basically a badass and when you see her on the Senate floor, you have to take notice and here are five reason's I think she should be President in 2020.

1. Kamala Harris is charismatic

If you have ever heard Kamala talk, you would be mesmerized like the cobra is by the charmer's pipe. She has a laugh that is infectious and seems to exude a joy that can only come from the heart.

2. Kamala is an experienced prosecutor who strikes without notice

Cobra have been likened to have been bestowed with magical abilities. So it appears has Kamala. She is a seasoned prosecutor who is able to stay calm and press on in the most hostile of environments, only going in for the kill when she has corned her prey.

3. She comes from the biggest State in the nation

Currently, there is a total of 538 electors, there being 435 representatives and 100 senators, plus the three electors allocated to Washington, D.C. The six states with the most electors are California (55), Texas (38), New York (29), Florida (29), Illinois (20), and Pennsylvania (20). Since California is the biggest, if she wins California, she has a good chance with turning the other traditional blue State (disclaimer, I am British so this may be overly optimistic on my part)

4. When they go low, she goes high

Kamala has come under a tremendous amount of fire especially following the hearing of Judge Brett Kavanaugh. Despite all of this she seems to rise above it and put her best foot forward, in spite of. In fact, the Brett Kavanaugh hearings are just evidence of it. While frustrated as it is clear that once elected Roe v. Wade will be overturned and if indicted, President Trump will never be impeached.

5. She is someone who I believe can unite the democratic party.

While I do believe that Booker also has a good chance, I believe that Kamala may be less polarizing and as the first woman President she may be able to unite the party better than any other emerging candidate

In closing Kamala's name means lotus. The blue lotus flower is associated with a victory of the spirit over that of wisdom, intelligence, and knowledge. While the white lotus flower: symbolizes Bodhi (being awakened), and represents a state of mental purity, and that of spiritual perfection; it is also associated with the pacification of one's nature. Since I believe that our current times are an attack on the truth and knowledge perhaps Kamala will help us have victory through an awakening and lead us back to a purer time by really draining the swamp.