5 Reasons It's Too Early To Start Celebrating Christmas

Let me enjoy Thanksgiving and fall first, please.
1147

Christmas decorations are going up and Christmas music is being played everywhere. I love Christmas just as much as the next person, but it's too early. It seems like the celebrating gets earlier and earlier every year. And no, my name isn't Scrooge, I'm just not ready for Christmas. I prefer to celebrate one holiday at a time, and so does my bank account. So for everyone out there who slowly dies inside when reminded that Christmas is quickly approaching, here are five reasons I prefer to wait until Black Friday to start singing Christmas carols.

1. Christmas means winter.

Fall is by far my favorite season. Not only because my fall wardrobe is a million times better than any of my other seasonal clothes, but because the weather is perfect. Fall means it's perfect light-jacket-weather during the day and hoodie weather at night. I don't know about you, but a big cozy hoodie is my favorite article of clothing. Fall means colorful leaves blowing in the wind and the trees making for beautiful pictures. Winter is my least favorite season, so leaving behind my favorite, for my least favorite, is always heartbreak.

2. Thanksgiving

I like to think of Thanksgiving as a great fall holiday where no one judges me for the amount of mashed potatoes I consume. I do not associate Thanksgiving with Christmas trees and Santa plates. I mean, what if I decided to set up my Christmas tree at a Fourth of July party? Yes, it's just as crazy. I will start celebrating Christmas the moment I walk into Walmart on Black Friday. Until then, let me enjoy my mashed potatoes without Santa staring at me from my plate.

3. My bank account is crying

My favorite part about Christmas is when my family opens their presents and they have a big smile on their face. At this moment, I couldn't afford to even buy them presents from Dollar Tree. The fact that Christmas is coming so fast, and everyone is trying to speed it up even more stresses me out. I just need a little more time, even if that means I pretend it's not so close, to mentally and financially prepare for the most expensive holiday of the year.

4. It takes away the excitement and true spirit of Christmas

By the time Christmas gets here, everyone will be tired of their decorations and seeing Santa every day for two months. I won't. I'll be sad on December 26th because it will all be over. By the time I start celebrating, everyone will be burnt out. I love the Christmas spirit in December, but if we all celebrate it for two months, will the spirit and excitement be as great once December gets here? Probably not. By the time December 1st rolls around, you'll be ready to scream if you hear "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" one more time. Christmas is a wonderful holiday, but too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

5. Time moves quickly enough

As you get older, time seems to just go by faster. Why try to make it move even faster? I need it to slow down because I've changed my mind on growing up. Celebrating Christmas too early just makes it seem like time is moving even faster, and I can't handle it. I need to move slow and celebrate November and Thanksgiving first. You should too. Enjoy the present.

Of course those celebrating Christmas already will completely disagree with me, and that's okay. I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving and fall first, then I'll move on to Christmas. If you are celebrating Christmas in November, remember that not everyone wants to hear "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" 50 times in one day. Refrain from doing so and we won't judge you for celebrating Christmas so early, or at least we will try not to.