5 Reasons I'm Thankful This Thanksgiving

Tis the season to be thankful!

83
castlesncoasters

Welcome to the wonderful season of being thankful! By this I mean, every single day. Like everyone else, I see Thanksgiving as a time to be thankful for every little detail. (Like yes God! There is oxygen in the air and I can breathe!) I try my best to remain thankful all year. Daily things to be thankful for are like: air, trees, sun, bugs (yes, they suck, but they do a lot of good that no one realizes they do), and the list goes on and on; however, for this holiday season I'm trying to think outside of the box for reasons to be thankful.

1. I am thankful for the love that I have in my life.

A lot of people say they are specifically thankful for their family, friends, significant others, etc.; however, many people miss out on being thankful for the biggest thing that these people bring to their lives, and that my friends, is love. For every encouraging text/post/tweet/etc.,I feel the love. For every hug, kiss, smile, I feel the love. For the moments when I don't deserve it, I feel the love from those that surround me. I love being loved, and thinking about it just makes me want to jump in a pile of leaves laughing like a child.

2. I am thankful that no matter what, there is always something to smile about.

I don't know where your religious preferences lie, but in my God, Jesus Christ, I find peace and happiness. I love sunny weather, and good grades, and great food, and good things to happen to me. When days are stormy and cold, my grades are slipping, I've forgotten to eat, and it seems like the world is crashing down on me, I can get in my quiet place and relish in His presence, and that is always something to smile about.

3. I am thankful that I get to help others.

I don't have a whole lot of money or material possessions, but what I do have is a big heart. A heart for the people that surround me. I am thankful that this season I get to help others buy Christmas gifts for their children. I am thankful that I get to buy my friend's meals occasionally. I am thankful that I get to spend time with my grandmother who is very lonely. To lift a spirit, or to help someone in need is reward enough for me.

4. I am thankful for the freedom I have. Thank you to every person that makes this possible.

I am so thankful that I live in the country of the free. I am thankful for religious freedom. I am thankful for freedom of speech. I am thankful for all of it. My freedom means the world to me, and to those that will miss being with their families this holiday season, know that I am thankful for you and for all that you do.

5. And finally, yes, I am thankful for the God given food that will be on my table come Thursday at dinner.

Need I say more? Macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, green beans, turkey, ham, chicken and dressing, and pretty much anything in between. I am thankful that my stomach will be filled on Thursday at dinner.

All in all, just think outside of the box this season as you count your blessings. Trust me, if you can't find something to be thankful about, comment and I'll find something for you. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!