5 Reasons To Get Excited For Thanksgiving

It's memories like this that we will cherish forever

13
http://www.bettycrocker.com

Many people go through the year and never really celebrate any holiday. Then, you have those that celebrate every holiday including national hug day. I, am one of those who celebrate every holiday. I absolutely LOVE to see people involved in the world. Anything from teacher appreciation day, to the 4th of July, it's nice to go out and see people celebrating and enjoying life together. It's memories like this that we will cherish forever. Here are my five reasons as to why you should be excited for Thanksgiving!

1) FOOD

Everyone loves food, but us college students, we appreciate home-cooked meals more than anything. We love that there are so many great choices to choose rather than the good ole hamburger and fries we get in the cafeteria at school. So, if anyone is in front of the children in line at Thanksgiving, it's probably a hungry, beaten down college kid.

2) FAMILY

Sure, it's great to stuff your face with what you will later regret eating, but it's also nice to spend quality, well needed time with family members. For those of us who are in college, again, we appreciate moments like this because don't even live in the same state as our family anymore. So, to be able to reconnect with everyone, even for a few days, means the world.

3) BLACK FRIDAY

I'm sure everyone knows what this means...CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. It's pretty self explanatory, but really who doesn't get excited to see two elder women fighting over towels!?!

4) Thanksgiving Eve (at least I call it that)

Some people like to start food early, I mean I can't be the only that sneaks a cookie or piece of turkey...

5) NO SCHOOL

Seriously, do I need to go into deep conversation about this? I mean it's simple and easy to understand. Not everyone loves school, but for those that do, it's nice to have a few days to yourself even if you have to submit that 20 page essay at some point over break.

There are many more things that I could list as to why you should be excited (or why I will be excited at least), but not everyone thinks the same way. Some people would find 3 to be absurd because they find it foolish to go dive after everything that you want so badly the day after you give thanks for everything you already have. Even I have had these thoughts, but I still enjoy it, whether it's for what I want or not (mainly for my nephew though:)).