5 Reasons College Isn't For Everyone

1. College is expensive

Rich, poor, or middle class, college is expensive. You could argue that there are multiple ways of paying for it and yes I agree, there are Scholarships, Grants and Financial Aid. However, not everyone is awarded Financial Aid or Scholarships. I know several people that are still in debt, years and years later, thousands and thousands of dollars they still have yet to pay back.

2. Time spent in college can be put to better use

You just graduated high school. Take time for yourself, you’re only young once. Volunteer, travel, learn a trade. There are jobs where experience is more important than education, get an internship and enjoy the experience.

3. Work full time

Sometimes it’s smarter to work full time, depending on what you want as your career. I personally want to work for the same company for the rest of my life. Some positions don’t require a college degree. Why waste money on college? I’d rather have work experience.

4. You can still make it in life

Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, all dropped out of college. I am not encouraging you to drop out, I want to show you that these 3 mean all made it in life, they went far too. You don’t need a college degree to make it. Don't feel pressured into going to college.

5. Not everyone is college material

College is hard, even for motivated people. For the people that don’t want to be there, college is almost impossible. Whether it be due to Mental Health, Financial status, or any other reason, college isn’t for everyone. You don’t have to go right away, or at all.

College is not for everyone