5 Reasons Cats Make The Best Roommates

5 Reasons Cats Make The Best Roommates

They don't pay rent, but they sure are great.

105
5 Reasons Cats Make The Best Roommates
10 Cats.

Cats have the unfortunate reputation of not being the best pet. They are called solitary, cold and unwelcoming. I've seen people more afraid of a tiny cat than a huge, bulky dog. As life will have it, people have and will always have prejudices about things they don't know much about. I've grown up with cats since I was four-years-old, and I can't imagine life without one as a constant companion. I've composed a list of why I think cats make the best pets, or roommates, as I like to call them.

1. Cats are chill.

If you are more laid-back, quiet or you just like your alone time, cats are perfect! Unlike dogs, cats aren't constantly in your face, begging for your attention. Just being in the same room as you is sometimes enough for a cat.

2. Cats are your equal.

Studies show that the behavior of cats doesn't change in the presence of humans. They act just like they do when they are around other cats. Ergo, cats think you are just another cat. Cats domesticated themselves, while dogs were domesticated by us. Our relationship with cats have always been a roommate-esque one, while I like to view our relationship with dogs as master and servant.

3. Cats put you to sleep.

Forget the noise machine app on your phone. Stop falling asleep to cricket and rain sounds. Let the sound of a cat's purr while it is smushed against your head put you to sleep! A cat's purr is seriously one of the most relaxing and calming sounds. Their contentedness is contagious.

4. Cats are low-maintenance.

Sure, you have to clean out their litter box, but cats are so easy to talk care of on a daily basis. You don't have to let them out to go to the bathroom, you don't have to clean them and they don't require walks! Although the cat-walking trend is a thing, and you need to look it up.

5. Cats will never judge you.

Cats may look like they are always giving you the stink-eye, but they really aren't. The dropped-eyelid look is actually one of relaxation. But no matter what you do, they'll always be there for you. Hit rock bottom? They'll let you cry it out until you're ready to snuggle. Order an extra large pizza just for yourself and called out "Pizza's here!" to an empty house when the delivery guy came by? Cats don't care because they're laying there with their pudge hanging out, too.