5 Quotes Worth Reading

5 Quotes Worth Reading

These people know what they're talking about.
136

Everyone loves a good quote. Whether it’s Marilyn or Honest Abe spewing advice, people often heed their tips to success. Here are some of my favorite quotes that I hope you carry with you throughout your day.

1. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

These are words to live by, spoken by one of the most influential female figures in American history. If you allow others to drag you down, they will do just that. You need to decide to rise above others insecurities and unkindness.

2. “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.” - Mahatma Ghandi

In this life, your actions may not always be appreciated or praised by the masses. However, this does not take away the crucial function and importance of your life and these actions. You are necessary to make the world go round.

3. “But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” - J.K. Rowling

Although this quote is from the Harry Potter series, that does not take away it’s magic. At times, situations may seem hopeless. Your ability to focus on the small amount of good in the pool of bad happenings that surround you is necessary. You’ll find the solutions to your problems only if you’re willing to look (and be flexible).

4. “Imitation is suicide.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote is interesting as it inspires originality. If you are stuck copying others' paths to success, you’ll lose sight of your own. This will derail you from your path and is suicide of the person you’re meant to be.

5. "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” - Vincent Van Gogh

Vincent Van Gogh was an inspiring artist with an equally inspiring knack for words. This quote reminds us that the journey to our success is often filled with little successes everyday and it’s important to acknowledge those.

So the next time you’re feeling a bit down or lost, look to the advice of the ones who came before us. Trust them, they’ve been there.