5 Quick And Easy Dorm Room Recipes

5 Quick And Easy Dorm Room Recipes

Tired of dining hall food? Check out these easy dormroom recipes!

40
5 Quick And Easy Dorm Room Recipes
google images

Nothing can get old faster than dining hall food on campus. So, what do you do? Well, don’t worry here are some easy and simple recipes you can make right in your dorm room—with the help of a refrigerator and a microwave of course! These will have you throwing out the Ramen noodles in no time! Thank you Collegexpress for these recipes.

1) Breakfast in a Mug

Wanting a fast, healthy, and tasty breakfast choice. Check out this recipe for Breakfast in a Mug.

Ingredients

1 tablespoon butter

2 eggs

1 tablespoon water (or milk)

salt

pepper

cheddar cheese

Directions

Microwave butter in a ceramic mug for 30 seconds. Add eggs, water, and a dash of salt and pepper to the mug. Use a fork to whisk ingredients together. Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove and give a quick stir to ensure even cooking. Return to the microwave and cook on high for an additional 45 seconds. Top with cheddar cheese to taste.

Tip: Try adding fresh vegetables, bacon, sliced ham, or hot sauce to spice it up a bit.

2) Ham and Cheese Wrap

Make this with any of your favorite deli meats. Great for lunch or just a light snack! I like packing these for my Monday night classes.

Ingredients

1 flour tortilla (white or wheat)

2 slices of deli ham

1 slice of cheddar cheese

1 small tomato, sliced

Directions

Place ham on tortilla. Rip cheese into smaller pieces and spread out over ham. Top with slices of tomato [if you like tomato’s]. Roll up tortilla and microwave on 70% for 90 seconds. Remove and enjoy!

Tip: You can also combine this with the Breakfast in a Mug recipe for a delicious breakfast burrito! Or try these combinations for other wraps: peanut butter, jelly, and banana; turkey and Swiss cheese; or canned chicken, barbecue sauce, and pineapple.

3) Cheesy Quesadillas

This is the perfect quick snack for in between classes or an easy meal during a study break.

Ingredients

2 flour tortilla wraps (white or wheat)

shredded cheese (Mexican blend is best)

Directions

Lay one tortilla on a microwave-safe plate and sprinkle evenly with cheese and any other ingredients of your choice on top. Lay a second tortilla on top and place into the microwave for about 45–50 seconds. Once the cheese is completely melted, remove the quesadilla from the microwave, cut into fourths, dip into your favorite side, and enjoy!

Tip: I like adding shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole to spice things up.

4) No-Stove Pasta

In the mood for some past? Think you can’t enjoy a pasta dinner in your dorm? Think again. All you need is a microwave—no stove necessary.

Ingredients

1 cup pasta (more if desired)

1/2 cup of your favorite jar of pasta sauce

Directions

Pour about one cup of pasta into a small microwave-safe bowl. Next, fill the bowl with water until the pasta is completely covered by a few inches. Find the suggested time for cooking on the pasta box, and add about 3–4 minutes to get your microwave cooking time. Once the pasta is done, sample a piece to make sure it is cooked enough. You may not have a strainer, but you should be able to remove most of the water from the bowl by placing a large spoon on the edge and tipping the bowl slightly to drain the water. Once you are done, you can heat up your favorite pasta sauce from a jar for about 35 seconds in a separate bowl.

Tip: If you want something a little healthier, try adding a little salt and butter or just olive oil.

5) Low-Fat Chocolate Cake for One

Been having a craving for something sweet? This low-fat dessert will do the trick.

Ingredients

5 tablespoons chocolate cake mix

2 tablespoons yogurt (plain or vanilla work best, though a fruit flavor would be fine)

1 tablespoon diet soda (cola or root beer)

powdered sugar (optional)

Directions

Combine cake mix, yogurt, and soda in a coffee mug and stir with fork until smooth and thick. Microwave on high for 60–90 seconds, or until top of cake begins to crack and pull away from the edges. Remove and allow cake to cool for a few minutes. Eat directly out of the mug, or use a knife to separate cake from mug and transfer to a dish. Top with powdered sugar if desired.

Tip: You can always add a scoop of ice cream and chocolate syrup for a sweet sundae!

Check these fantastic recipes out and tell your friends. When making these dishes double check for any allergies before eating. Also, please follow all fire regulations-please don’t burn down your dorm! Safe cooking everyone!!