5 Pros And Cons For Getting The Unicorn Frapuccino

Is Starbucks' newest drink worth it?

56
5 Pros And Cons For Getting The Unicorn  Frapuccino
Victoria Piti

This past week a Unicorn Frappuccino was released from Starbucks. The aesthetically pleasing drink, while a limited edition drink, made its mark on social media. I managed to snag one the first day it was available and here are some of the pros and cons to sway your decision on maybe getting yourself one.

1.) Pro : Its absolutely beautiful

My instagram became much prettier after taking a picture of this beautiful drink. It's the new “pink drink” if you will. A lot of people will just be getting it for the aesthetic value and I do not blame them. It's beautiful and worth getting if you want a pretty addition to your social media sites.

2.) Con: mixing it together = yuck

There's a recommendation from Starbucks (or people on the internet) to mix the drink together, thus mixing the sweet and sour together. It's because there is a new color that is made but it is gross. The sweet and sour do not go well together somehow even though it sounds really good. I almost didn't want to finish the drink because it tasted pretty bad after I mixed it. I finished it because I paid a good amount for it but it's not something I would do again. Mix at your own risk!

3.) Pro: sweet tooth lovers will love this

It's very sweet (if you don't mix it together…) and fruity. If you love sweet drinks, like their vanilla bean frap, it will be your favorite drink. When I mentioned what was in it to my mom (vanilla and mango being the main syrup flavors) she said it was too sweet for her and she hasn't even tasted it yet. I think just from telling her about the drink’s sweetness she was turned off from ever getting it. While I liked the sweetness I know so many people out there won't!

4.)Con: the sour in the whipped cream

In the whipped cream there is sower powder and it is not good. I love having the whipped cream on drinks and they usually taste so good. The sour powder just tasted like chalk and was absolutely awful. If you want to taste it just to see if maybe you do like it go ahead but I would not recommend it.

5.) Con: baristas apparently hate making it

When I went to order the frappuccino on the day it was released the barista seemed excited to make it, presumably as she had not done it yet. I read an article the other day saying baristas were apparently really tired of making it, mostly because it requires a lot of time to do so. I feel bad for the baristas at Starbucks as they can get some difficult drinks to make (some from the “secret menu”) so I hope after they stop selling the unicorn frap that they feel less stressed.

I personally would not get the drink again but I do recommend everyone try it because why not? It's pretty and it is good….until mixed.