5 Problems All Artists Experience

5 Problems All Artists Experience

These are just a few...
27

Being an artist isn't all fun and games. Oftentimes it involves stress and frustration. But in the end, it's all worth it.

You're broke all of the time.

Just getting supplies at Hobby Lobby for a new project you have in mind can probably cover a week's worth of groceries. And a new camera lens can buy two month's worth of rent. Often times it seems like you only have two choices - feed your stomach or feed your muse.

Trying to find a quiet space to create.

If you're like me, you need a space to paint or draw to five spend hours straight working on your project. A place to work peacefully while blasting music, and little to no communication to the outside world.

You don't have enough wall space.

You probably often hang up the pieces that you are most proud of. You have become a master of putting nails in the walls and are constantly looking for the little areas you can make a painting fill that space.

Becoming jealous of amazing art online.

With all of the videos and timelapse online, it's likely that it has you envious at how effortless it seems. It seems as if people have created art out of anything and everything, making you wish that you thought of it first.

Being told being an artist isn't a good job choice.

When people think of artists, a lot think of the classic "starving artist" image. A person with messy hair and has trouble paying the bills. But often this isn't true. You might be broke at the moment, but you're just starting out. And after all, isn't it better to be poor and do something you love rather than something you hate and be rich?