5 Places To See Before You Die

5 Places To See Before You Die

The world is your oyster.

45
5 Places To See Before You Die
World Map

You would think I would have had enough traveling to last a lifetime after coming back from studying abroad, but the opposite is true. Being stuck in central Illinois has given a whole new meaning to the word 'wanderlust.' To try to get away for a little bit, a few friends and I ventured out to the Corn Crib stadium and to the wind turbines. I know what you're thinking. Thrilling.

To feed into my love of traveling while I'm in classes, I've done a lot of daydreaming, and through it all, I made my own travel bucket list.

1. Antarctica

Number one on my list is Antarctica. You probably think it's almost impossible or a little strange that anyone would ever want to go to the coldest place on Earth. You're probably right. However, a little Googling showed me that it is not only possible, but a trip to Antarctica entails much more than just floating blocks of ice. There are Antarctic cruises that head down from the tip of South America straight to the mysterious 7th continent. Whale watching, mountaineering, and ice cave exploring, oh my!

2. Easter Island

This little island has been on my bucket list since I was a kid. C'mon, you can't tell me you're not curious as to where those stone heads came from or why they're on the island!

3. Botswana

Some say that the lions here are the biggest in Africa, and that's not the only unusual thing about them! These lions hunt by day instead of under the darkness of night, making this African country popular for safari tours.

4. Australia

Speaking of unusually large animals, Australia makes the bucket list at number 4. A country dedicated to sun, koalas, and kangaroos? Sign me up!

5. New Zealand

While this country is absolutely breathtaking nature-wise, I've included it in this list for another reason: bungee jumping. Home to some of the most famous and most incredible bungee jumping locations, New Zealand remains popular for adrenaline junkies from all over the world.