5 Things To Thank Your Pet For

5 Things To Thank Your Pet For

Thank you for everything, Moonpie.

6
5 Things To Thank Your Pet For
Rebecah Woody

The love of your pet is an unconditional kind of love. One that sticks with you until the end of time. We all grow up asking mom or dad that one Golden Question, "Can we get a pet?"

This usually either goes really good, or really bad. You promise to your parents you will take care of your pet. Your parents go out and either buy your furry or scaly friend, or adopt one. They surprise you on Christmas morning or after school one day. Every pet/human relationship has a story. Pets can save lives and be a blessing to everyone.

Sometimes people need saving, and somehow that cute, sweet animal knows exactly when to come into your life and just turn everything around. We also don't thank our pets enough for all the things they do for us that we don't even realize. Here are some things I want to thank my four-legged friend for:

1. Thank you for being my snuggle buddy at night.

You always know when I need the cuddles the most and the exact way to curl up so we will both be comfortable at night. I know you will always be there when I sit up in the middle of the night worried because of a bad dream. You're there when the nights are tough, and when the nights are relaxing. Even though you take up most of the room in the bed, I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Thank you for letting me talk your ears off.

Anytime that I am feeling down and out or just want to talk, you are there. You lay in my lap and just listen to me. I can talk for hours and you never get tired of listening to my conversations, my secrets, or my tear filled stories. I know after having a horrible day that you will be sitting by the door waiting for me to get home to hear all about it.

3. Thank you for coming into my life when you did.

Everyone needs that one person or thing that can save them, and you were one of mine. You came along just as my childhood pet, Little Bit, went to Heaven. You look just like he did and you act like him too. People always say things happen for a reason and you came just in time.You were sent to mend my heart and to give me the love that Little Bit once did. No, it's not the same, and that's okay. You have given me your own kind of companionship and that's all I could have ever asked for.

4. Thank you for loving me no matter what.

No matter what I look like, you still love me. You still love me regardless of my weight or the color of my skin. You love me no matter what clothes I wear or the music I listen to. You are never the judgmental one, only the supportive one. I can;t thank you enough for always loving me for exactly who I am.

5. Thank you for being you.

Thank you for being you. Thank you for snoring louder than the TV, and waking me up super early for a morning potty. You have always been yourself with me, and had your own spectacular personality full of spunk and snorts. You have always been by my side whether I was right or wrong. You will be my best furry friend forever. Thank you for being the best dog in the world.