The 5 People You See In The Library During Finals Week

Don't be the Procrastinator

40

Finals week is quickly approaching, and just like that the semester will be over. We have this one week to get through until we're home, and if you're like me, it'll probably be spent entirely in the library. And if you're still anything like me, you'll probably spend more of your time in the library people watching than actually studying. Here's the five kinds of people you'll see in the library during finals week.

1. The First Timer

This is someone who has never ventured into the library until this week of the year. They probably got caught in the turnstile on the walk in. Typically a freshman, typically does not have their sh*t together. The one who's talking on the fourth floor that you want to throw a textbook at. Have some sympathy, we were all this student at one point. Defining characteristics include: no signs of panic and a student ID on a lanyard around their neck.

2. The Sleeper

Normal sleep hours become skewed and naps become regular for this student. They'll pass out anywhere remotely comfortable--specifically library couches on the silent floor. Don't wake them, they know what they're doing by now. The Sleeper is no rookie--they have their lib power naps down to a science, and it's probably the only way they'll stay awake during the actual exam. Defining characteristics include: sleeping (pretty self-explanatory I would say).

3. The Four-Espresso-Shots-Deep Student

This person takes "I can't function without my coffee" to a new extreme. They probably haven't slept in days. They probably haven't even left the library in days. Maybe suggest they switch to water if you're feeling charitable. Defining characteristics include: bags under eyes, shaking hands, bug-eyes, cob webs forming between student and books, and clothes that seem like they're being worn for the third day in a row

4. The Crier

I'd be lying if I said I never cried in the library before. Because accounting is so hard and I just need to cry in the stairwell on the phone with my mom, ok? This student is probably well past their breaking point, and needs to get the hell out of the lib and take a good nap. Defining characteristics include: puffy eyes, actual tears, or a red face. Used tissues next to them - also a tell-tale sign. Probable location: Stairwell.

5. The Procrastinator

This person goes to the library to say they go to the library. They probably sprawled their books out just to snap a pic to send to their mom to make them proud. I once sat behind a boy in the library with books spread across the table, yet plugged into his laptop intently watching videos of Susan Boyle singing. Defining characteristics include: Netflix open on laptop, textbooks unopened but on the table, and phone in hand.