5 Identities I Had In My Past Lives

5 Identities I Had In My Past Lives

At least, 5 people I'm 99.9% sure I was in the past.

25
5 Identities I Had In My Past Lives
Huffingtonpost

I imagine we've all sat around with our friends and discussed who we used to exist as in a past life - at least my friends and I have. It started as an innocent talk about ghost stories and then we started talking about George Washington for some reason, which of course made me think about Abraham Lincoln (honestly, I don't know, this conversation took place during finals week when we were all delirious). When I thought about Abraham Lincoln, I thought about how I'm pretty sure I was him in a past life, and then I began to think about the other people I have been in my past lives (I feel like there were a lot of them) and decided to put together a list of my top five past selves.

1. Abraham Lincoln

Don't ask me why I think this, I really don't know. All I know is that I've been obsessed with Abe since before my 8th grade US History class. The first day of US History, my teacher asked us to write down the 5 topics we wanted to cover during class and my number one topic was Abraham Lincoln. Some of my friends laughed at me and told me we wouldn't learn about just Abraham Lincoln, which of course left me devastated, but it's okay because we did learn about him and I'm still obsessed.

2. An Ax Murderer

Just hear me out, alright? I'm not saying I'm an ax murderer now (at least I don't think I am), but in a past life I definitely feel like I carried an ax around and took care of some people. Almost Thor and his hammer, except an ax and not an Avenger.

3. A Renaissance Woman (or Man)

When my friends and I were talking about this subject, one of them asked me if I felt a strong connection to any particular time period, and i explained that I had always had a fascination with the Renaissance Period. I can only hope that I was one of the large, wealthy women (or men) that are depicted in the art from that time.

4. A Witch

I'm obsessed with all things fantasy, including Harry Potter, so it's only right that I feel I was a witch in a past life. Maybe a Salem Witch? Maybe I was burned at the stake once, that would be an interesting way to go.

5. A Dog

Does this really need an explanation? I think we were all dogs in a past life and all had a chance to feel the unconditional love that dogs deserve to feel.