5 Outfit Inspo Pictures For Those Awkward, In-Between Seasons Days

You know when it's not exactly warm yet but there's no need for a big down jacket anymore? It's a known fact that these are the hardest days to dress for.

5

Eliminate the need to just throw on sweats and call it day with these five outfit inspos straight from the 'gram.

1. Reformed Jeans and T-Shirt 

Instagram (@highfrequency__)

I love this look because it evokes the simplicity that comes with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, yet is elevated by the effortless coolness of the oversized plaid jacket. The ruched effect of the jeans adds an extra oomph while the Air Jordans tie the whole outfit together. Not to mention the blue/green/white color palette is ridiculously cool.

2. Pattern Mixing

Instagram (@kule)

Pattern mixing is the perfect way to spice up your outfits when the March, not-quite-spring but not-really-winter fashion blues start to hit. Seek out a fun pair of patterned pants like these cheetah-print ones, pair with a longsleeved tee that doesn't match at all, and tie the look together with a belt that goes with each piece individually, just as the red matches with the red stripes in the top and provides a fitting contrast with the brown and tan on the pants. To make the look even funkier, look for boots that are the same color as the belt!

3. Oversized Sweater Over a Spring Skirt 

Instagram (@freepeople)

Dying to wear the midi skirt you bought last year but feel like it's still too early (even though it's technically spring so soon)? Have no fear, the oversized sweater and skirt combo is here! The sweater in this look demonstrates that, yes, we know it's still a little chilly out, but the skirt shows that warmer weather is just around the corner. Adding a pair of booties pays homage to the ending of winter as well, for a pair of sandals with this look would definitely be too much. Truly the perfect in-between-seasons concoction.

4. Canadian Tuxedo

Instagram (@shopredone)

The Canadian Tuxedo is the ultimate cool girl look, especially when paired with high-tops and a sleek pair of sunnies. Denim jackets are the perfect transitional jacket from chilly March to warmer April and May, and matched with an essential pair of medium wash jeans - perfection!

5. Elevated White Top w/ Jeans 

Instagram (@shopredone)

There are few things more classic than a white top with light wash denim. This is the perfect look for those awkward in-between months, for it truly never goes out of style. However, add an extra something-something with fiery red booties, or any other pop of color that refresh the look altogether.