5 Non-Gamer Games

5 Non-Gamer Games

Some of the best video games for beginners.
108

The videogame industry has expanded to an incredibly large scale, ranging from not only classics like Pacman and Super Mario to more diverse gaming genres and styles like FPS, Turn-based strategy, and even hyper-realistic sports and music games. The point is that there is such a massive industry out there that some people who have not jumped into the world of gaming may feel like they are missing out or are too late to the game to get involved. Well, there is really no need to worry at all! I have compiled a list of 5 video games that are great for people who have never even touched a game in their lives. I present to you 5 Non-Gamer Games!

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Almost everyone has heard of the legendary Mario Kart series for their revolutionary take on the world of racing in games. As the most recent game in the franchise, Mario Kart 8 has the simplicity of the past games combined with the inventiveness and creativity in the maps, types of vehicles. and even parachutes in this version. Overall, this game makes for a super fun gateway to the world of Mario and Nintendo,as a whole. Just watch out for those Blue Shells.

Minecraft (Pretty much everything)

This incredible, literally ground-breaking game has become a massive hit over the past five or six years. This game lets the player explore a multitude of different biomes while collecting resources, building anything, and fighting off enemies. The ability for unending creativity and strategy, makes this a super introduction into gaming.

Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)

The fifth main installment into this infamously popular videogame franchise is considered to be on of the most detailed and polished open world game of all time. Taking place in a Los Angeles style city, the player can take part in a solid variety of different activities, including robbing stores, buying cars and houses, upgrading weapons, investing in stocks, and even playing a nice game of golf or tennis match. Personally, I have played this game for 36 hours total, and I have still yet to discover around a quarter of the game's world and optional missions. This game, as I'm sure you know, is definitely not for kids, so make sure they are playing something like Minecraft instead.

Civilization V (PC, Mac)

The Civilization series has grown from its roots as a simple game of building empires to a games based on establishing space colonies for your people and troops. This pretty dense strategy game is one of the best of its kind, once the player trumps a relatively steep learning curve. After that, however, it is pretty easy to expand your appreciation for other strategy games of its kind.

The Walking Dead: Telltale Series (pretty much everything as well)

Based off of the AMC television series and the comic books, The Walking Dead by Telltale studios transforms the gaming experience into more of an interactive storyline, where choices of dialogue and survival create and incredibly dramatic and gripping game that does not require any experience whatsoever to enjoy fully. Highly recommend this one.

If there are any games that you think should have been on this list, please let me know in the comments below.

Happy gaming to you all!