5 New Clinical Trials for Lupus Research

57
bigstockphoto.com

I’ve been a dedicated advocate for lupus awareness and research for the past 2 years. A brief definition of Lupus: a life threatening autoimmune disease and there is no cure as of yet. I am proud to make aware that we (Lupus Advocates) are helping make ground for finding a cure for Lupus. I received an email from Lupus Research Alliance that there have been 5 new clinical trials that were initiated. I feel that with these trials we will be another step closer to finding a cure for Lupus. I personally wish that they would have had these trials when my mother was alive because maybe it would have bought her some extra time. The number one thing is, that doctors need to be more aware of the signs and symptoms of Lupus and that it is life-threatening, and also be able to properly diagnose it much earlier. The five clinical trials are:

1.) VAlitidation in Lupus of an Electronic Patient Reported Outcomes Tool (VALUE)

2.) Rayos Inhibits Fatigue in Lupus Erythematosus (RIFLE)

3.) Dynamic Imaging to Assess Variation in Lupus Nephritis (DIVINE)

4.) CC-220 (Cereblon Modulator)

5.) M2951 (Bruton’s Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor)

If you or anyone you know is interested in knowing more about these clinical trials please contact Lupus Research Alliance at 646-884-6074

I am raising money that will benefit Lupus Research in memory of my mom who passed away back in May of 2014 from a battle with Lupus. For anyone who knew my mom knows she had a heart of gold and would literally give the shirt off her back for anyone. Back in 2012 she was first diagnosed with this ungodly disease. By 2013 she had lost the abilty to walk due to complete paralysis in her left leg. She couldn't even walk up the stairs, so like any son would do I carried her. So here I am raising money in her memory. Like I stated earlier I have been a dedicated advocate for Lupus Research for the passed 2 years and would like to continue being an advocate for the rest of my life. If you could find it in your heart to make a donation because no matter the amount every donation is another step closer to finding a cure for Lupus. Thanking you in advance!

https://www.gofundme.com/LupusResearchInMemoryOfLisa