5 Mindblowing Examples Of The Mandela Effect

What do you believe?

431
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/04/27/636603984680834946-1482899486_maxresdefault-1.jpg

I have always been fascinated by strange happenings, including unsolved mysteries and conspiracy theories. I don’t necessarily believe them all, but it’s interesting to think about and discuss with others. One conspiracy theory that has interested me the most is the “Mandela Effect.” This is the strange phenomenon in which tons of people remember something in one way, only to find out it’s been false the whole time. The theory is named after former South African president Nelson Mandela, who many people remember passing away while in prison in the ‘80s, only to be shocked by the news of his passing in 2013.

There is no logical explanation as to why this occurs. Some believe it is the result of multiple dimensions crossing over and becoming mixed up. Others think that it’s proof that people have traveled back in time and somehow altered the timeline in small ways. This phenomenon interests me the most because I have experienced several of these Mandela effects. I don’t know if I believe the idea of clashing dimensions or time travel, but it’s interesting to think about. So, to show you how this effect works, I’m going to share with you a few of my favorite examples of the Mandela Effect. You may have even experienced a few of these yourself.

1. "The Berenstein Bears" books are actually titled "the Berenstain Bears."

This is the effect that probably turned most people on to this theory. Many people remember reading the Berenstain Bears books or watching the cartoon as kids, but remember it being spelled with and “e” instead of an “a.” There is was even a VHS tape found with the spelling “Berenstein,” but it still remains a huge debate to this day.

2. It’s not “Chic-fil-a” or “Chik-fil-a,” but “Chick-fil-a.”

This is one effect that I have experienced myself. I remember going to Chick-fil-a and thinking that “Chick” was spelled wrong because it didn’t have a “k.” It still bothers me any time I walk by the Chick-fil-a on campus.

3. There is no, “Luke, I am your father,” in Star Wars.

I know people are going to judge me, but I have never seen a single Star Wars movie. However, I always knew about the famous line, “Luke, I am your father.” Only there’s one problem: Darth Vader never says it! Instead, he says, “No, I am your father.” It’s a small difference, but how could so many people misquote a movie for so long?!

4. Hannibal Lector never says, “Hello, Clarice,” in Silence of the Lambs.

This is a movie I have seen, and I specifically remember him saying “Hello, Clarice.” It’s even been quoted countless times in movies and pop culture! But, Hannibal simply says, “Good morning.” How boring is that?

5. Harry Houdini didn’t die during a stunt.

This effect I had no idea about until I started doing research for this article. It’s widely believed that the famous Houdini died while attempting one of his escape tricks. But, he actually died from a ruptured appendix. This could be a case of false information due to a movie that depicts the escape artist dying in a torture tank on stage. It’s crazy to think that so many people could believe false information for this long nonetheless.