5 Lush Products You Should be Using This Summer

A guide to some of the lesser-known Lush products that are perfect for the summer.

128
AL. Eyad

You most likely have heard of Lush, a vegan line for cosmetics based in the U.K. Even if you haven't, it's likely that you've walked through the cloud of fragrance it emmits while shopping around.

It seems that all the craze about Lush is surrounding their bath bombs and body bars. The bombs are colorful spheres that fizzle into a lush (ha, see what I did there?) and fragrant foam in your bath tub. The body bars are tiny bars made of essential oils, butters and other goodness to massage into your skin. Both products leave your skin silky smooth and with a faint reminder of their natural, subtle scent.

It can be a bit intimidating in one of those stores, so we often resort to the familiar products. As I recently discovered, Lush has a whole variety of cruelty-free cosmetics, ranging from deodorant to eyeshadow. It is worth checking all of them out individually, but it doesn't hurt to hear a few fan favorites to help you decide.

Here is a list of a couple products that are tried and tested by yours truly and are perfect for your summer vacation.

1. R&B Hair Moisturizer

After countless days at the beach, sea water and sun rays can damage our hair and leave it dry and lifeless. This pot of gold is perfect for your hair's recovery, as it uses conditioning avocado butter, oatmeal, extra virgin olive oil and jojoba oil to soothe your brittle hair. Apply a dime-sized amount to damp hair and comb through for a heavenly-scented mane.

2. The Rough With The Smooth Body Scrub

This brightly colored body scrub is formulated with murumuru (a Brazilian nut) butter and granulated sugar is ideal for smoothing out your rough edges over summer. With its subtle fragrance of patchouli, black pepper and fair trade vanilla, it is guaranteed to exfoliate your skin while delivering your nose a delectable experience while you scrub-a-dub that dead skin away.

3. Nо Drought Dry Shampo

Whether you are camping, traveling or just taking a break from daily hair washing, this dry shampoo will save your locks from being greasy and unappealing. Simply dust a little over your fingers and tussle it between your roots to absorb the excess oil of your hair, while grapefruit, lemon and lime leave a citrus garden scent in your hair.

4. The Sunblock Solid Sunscreen Wash

Instead of using oily sunscreen lotions, lather up with this solid sun protectant with SPF 30. Made with rose absolute, calamine powder and cocoa butter, it creates a thin, protective film on your damp skin to block of the strong rays of Mr. Sun for up to three hours.

5. Ambrosia Shaving Cream

Just because this potion was designed with men in mind, it does not exclusively work for their prickly faces. 'Ambrosia' is perfect for your more sensitive areas, where your skin is likely to be irritated after shaving. Linseed and oat milk protect your skin while you shave, while cocoa butter and chamomile extract soothe and prevent irritation. Slather a generous amount on the desired area to feel silky smooth and be razor-burn free.