Five Lifelong Friends You’ll Make In College

They’ll be your friends forever, and you’ll begin to wonder how you made it this far in life without them.

27
google images

Looking into where to go away to college can be such a stressful process. First, you have to find a school that is in your price range. After that, you have to find a school that is the right distance away from home, depending if you want to stay close or move far, far away. Then you have to look into the programs that the school offers, and that’s if you even have a clue of what you want to major in.

But on top of all of those stressful decisions and more, you’ll probably have some fear about what kind of friends you’ll make, and whether they’ll be like the friends that you used to have in high school. But this isn’t high school, this is college, and you’ll not only make friends here, you’ll make lifelong friends. You may make one, three, 27, or five. As for me, I have five that have had the biggest impact on me. But no matter how many you make, they’ll be your friends forever and you’ll begin to wonder how you made it this far in life without them.

1. The Airhead

When you walk into the room she gets so excited to see you, kind of like how your pet dog gets when you walk into your house even after being gone for only five minutes. She’ll greet you with a huge hug, and as soon as you sit on the couch, she’ll bring her blanket over and begin to cuddle for story time. She has a left-sided brain, the artsy one, and the opposite of you, but that’s what makes you the perfect pair of friends. She can take a better photo than you can, but she’ll need your help when it comes to writing papers or sending in a resume. She knows when you need a shoulder to cry on, or someone to talk to. And even when she’s drunk and can’t do anything to help, she’ll be sure to send you a text to remind you that you’re beautiful and if you need anything her car keys are on her desk (even though you have your own car, and you’ve been drinking so you can’t drive anyway – I said she was an airhead, right?)

2. The Angry Sweetheart

She’s the total opposite of her roommate (The Airhead). She definitely does not like cuddling and hugs (but she loves unicorns?). The two of them will have screaming fights, or will she be the only one screaming? She’ll tell her roommate to leave her alone, and that she doesn’t want to be friends with her anymore, but once the morning comes she’ll have no recollection of the night before and it will be like nothing happened. She’s always down for a wine night, especially one that includes yoga and coloring. You can talk to her whenever you need to, but the best thing about her is that she’ll tell you to shut up when you’re being ridiculous and pour you a glass of wine to make you forget whatever it was you were complaining about.

3. The Drunken Nerd?

She’s got a long list of homework that includes 20 page papers, and if she can’t be found, she’s usually in the library. But after 9 p.m. on a weekday? She could be found in her room guzzling down liters of wine. And after 10 p.m. on a weekend? She could be found at the local bar, taking down shots and holding the record for the longest ride on the mechanical bull. She’ll call you in the middle of the night and leave you a voicemail saying that she misses you and she hopes you’ll hang out with her soon (meanwhile, you're only in the room next door.) And when you walk out of your room the next morning, you’ll find her sleeping on the living room floor even though you carried her into her bed the night before. She doesn't go a day without at least one glass of wine and she still manages to end her semester with close to a 4.0 GPA. She’s the friend you can always rely on to motivate you to do extremely well in school and to take five more shots after you’ve kissed the porcelain gods.

4. The Sober Bitch

The one who doesn’t drink but will dress up to take a picture with the rest of the group when you’re all ready to go out for the night. She leaves weekly motivational messages… if “don’t be too slutty this weekend” counts as motivational. She is the little sh*t out of your friend group and she has an extreme case of RBF. You can always rely on her to come up with the nastiest comebacks when someone pisses you off. She roots for you when you go on Tinder dates, and she’ll never let you forget how salty she (still) is about how you let that “perfect jawline” walk away. She’ll come up with strange pick-up lines that include the word “doodle.” And when she tells stories, she’ll get into more detail than you want her to. But without her, your friend group just wouldn’t be complete. After all, who else is going to be a good friend and lay your pajamas out for you when you’re out partying all night; but then tell you that you looked like crap last night when you walk out of your room the next morning?

5. The One Who’s Never Around

The friend who goes home at least four times a week and spends the weekends with her boyfriend. Although she isn’t always around, and she doesn’t always answer the group chat, she’s a great friend and is always down to binge-watch Netflix shows and scary movies. She’ll be the first to suggest ordering Chinese for dinner, or Dominos at 2 a.m. She may not come out every weekend, but when she does she’s the one to take a shot and then disappear because she couldn’t handle it. And although you all wish she were around more often, you know that she’s just a phone call away and she’ll be by your side as soon as she can whenever you need her.

And what kind of friend am I? Well, I guess you’ll have to ask them.