5 Hobbies That Will Elevate Your Life!

5 Hobbies That Will Elevate Your Life!

Doing these will give you a whole new meaning to leisure time!

88
5 Hobbies That Will Elevate Your Life!

There is no question that all of us have hobbies that make our life more interesting than not. For a lot of us, our leisure time is something that we always look forward too. In the midst of our jobs and seemingly endless college coursework during the semester, hobbies are the activities we do escape the ass-kicking of adult life that we didn’t sign up for. Having a good set of hobbies can surely elevate your life. I’ve found five great hobbies that take stress away, keep balance in your life, and keep you on track to creating a life worth living.

1. Running

I’ve found that running is the best way to start my day. I am not talking about just jogging on a treadmill at Planet Fitness looking at that horrendous color scheme, but actually looking up a trail with some sort of decent scenery (That eliminates the high school track as well). Running on the beach during either sunrise or sunset provides a beautiful view and takes all stress away. Personally, I will take a trip to the beach a couple times a month just to run. For a normal day, I usually go a trail nearby that wraps around a lake. One time around makes for a 5k run, which led me to the “5k a day” hobby. So just find a trail that’s close to you that you wouldn’t mind looking at every day. It’s a great way to stay healthy, brainstorm ideas, clear your head, and show off your sexy body (or soon-to-be sexy body) to passing runners.

2. Reading

Whether you like old fashion books because the smell of the pages or like E-books (Because you know, Kindles are fucking awesome), adding reading to your daily routine will do wonders for you. Now, I am not really talking about reading memes about the Donald and Hilary throughout the day, but actual books. Books will help expand your vocabulary, increase cognitive function, relieve stress, improve memory, and actually will make you a better writer. Find a category of books that interest you and start with that.

3. Writing

Writing is what has led me to this amazing point in my life. I have found writing to be one of the most freeing things you can do in your day. There is a certain release that you get from sorting through your thoughts and viewing them on paper. Keeping a daily journal will spark creativity, influence self-discipline, and helps with getting ideas and goals out of your head.

4. Meditation

Meditation is the super hobby. The easiest one to do (Well, kind-of); the key with meditating is keeping consistent with it. There is so much scientific backing of the proven health benefits of meditation. Check them out at http://liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/. Meditating every day for just ten minutes will drastically improve the quality of your life. I usually meditate right after my morning 5k. I sit on the edge of the dock with my legs dangling just above the water while bold-orange-glow of the sun shines down. I focus on my breathing and my mind becomes to come clear naturally. Give it a try!

5. Social Time

Trust me I know that finding time for friends is hard at times, but it is a must. With a full semester course load, job, and all the other miscellaneous ends we have to tie-up, managing a social life becomes stress. If you are balls to the wall busy, just find an activity that most people wouldn’t mind doing weekly and pick a day that generally works for everyone. This activity should be cheap and versatile. For example, my friends and I usually go to all you can eat wings on Monday nights. Always at 8pm and I always grab a table for 6-10 people. This only costs $12 and if they don’t really want to eat and spend that much, they will just come for a couple drinks and chill at the table. This is the perfect way to get with friends at least once a week. I mean, who doesn’t love fucking wings? Anyways, just find a common ground place with your friends and get social!