5 Great Things To Do Over the Summer

5 Great Things To Do Over the Summer

Does not include any school related material.

47
5 Great Things To Do Over the Summer
Brooklyn Morgan on Unsplash

Now that school is over, there's finally time to spend doing things you love most. Here are a couple things that you can do to have a great time on your days off.

1. Spending time at the beach

Everyone knows that summer vacation is nothing without making some trips to the beach. No matter where you live, at one point during the summer you should look into spending a day at the beach to get some sun and go swimming. Depending on what beach you go to, the activities can vary. Some beaches are more scenic than others, and so the different amenities provided really depends on where you go. Either way, spending time with some good company while tanning and swimming is one of the highlights of summer.

2. Reading a good book

While reading anything over the summer can bring back dreadful memories of anything assignment you ever had for a class, it goes without saying that a good book can definitely be worth the read. Nothing beats curling up to a good read on a rainy day–any day for the matter–and having a story entertain you when Netflix or social media can’t.

3. Taking pictures wherever you go

I have always been a fan of capturing enjoyable moments wherever you go–and the summer just makes it that much easier. No matter how it is that you're capturing the good moments, whether it's professionally or just with your phone camera, it’s the thought that counts. Doing something you enjoy or reuniting with someone that you haven’t seen all year long is a good enough reason to make a million pictures and some.

4. Traveling to new places

It’s always a good idea to find new places to explore, even if they aren’t grandiose. Especially now with so many social media platforms, finding cool places to venture about is pretty easy. In fact, if you scroll through your feed or explore page of Instagram you are bound to find pretty great places near you. This is a great activity to do with friends or family, especially on holidays or days off from work.

5. Making good playlists

While this is one of my favorite things to do year-round, making playlists in the summer is a great way to find good and new music that will accompany you on trips and drives. There is definitely a different vibe around the time of warm weather, and even music streaming apps like Spotify and Apple now have reduced prices for students who want to listen to music for cheap.