5 Great Restaurants In Southern Illinois

Whether it be the atmosphere, the amazing food, or both, these restaurants know what they're doing.

1914
S&B's Burger Joint

We all have our favorite restaurants that we love to go to no matter what day or time it is. However, sometimes it is refreshing to try a new restaurant and potentially a new favorite spot to eat and spend time with family! Here in Southern Illinois, there are several great places to eat. Whether it be because of atmosphere, the amazing food, or both these Southern Illinois restaurants are the best of the best (restaurants are listed in no particular order).

1. Fat Patties: Carbondale, IL

Known for their burgers, this "hole in the wall" restaurant will have your mouth watering the second you walk in! Benton, IL Odyssey Content Creator Gillian Eubanks says, "They have the best burgers I've ever had."

2. Fat Bottom Betty's: Carbondale, IL

Fat Bottom Betty's is a restaurant that brings a wonderful atmosphere to your eating experience. Their wood-fired pizza is sure to leave you coming back for more, but the rest of their menu is amazing as well! Editor in Chief Kady Lampley says, "The atmosphere is so wonderful and the service is incredible!"

3. The Sesser Grille: Sesser, IL

The Sesser Grille is a great place to try new an exciting foods! The menu is filled with several different options from pasta, burgers, and even their classic gyros! Content Creator Karli Slomka says, "I've honestly never had anything there that I didn't like; it's a great place for trying new and adventurous things."

4. S&B's Burger Joint: Carbondale, IL

Located within the University Mall in Carbondale, IL, S&B's burger joint is the best place to try a gourmet burger! Content Creator Baili Diefenbach says, "They have amazing burgers and chicken sandwiches and the fries are to die for. They're based around alternative/rock/pop music and it's so fun to go in, eat great food, and listen to some cool music."

5. Seasoning Bistro: Benton, IL

This bistro located on the Benton Public Square is not a small business you should count out. If you're looking for casual dining with amazing and modern dishes, you need to check out Seasoning Bistro. Editor in Chief Kady Lampley says, "I love to go at lunch and I always get the Italian Beef. It's my favorite menu item!"